Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stomping round house, flinging things and roling eyes.....

(8 Posts)
charliecat Thu 17-Jul-08 21:48:07

Dd1 has been doing this for the last 48 hours. I want to string her up by her ankles.
I haven't(yet) I have, without shouting, told her that she need to stop flinging other peoples things around, or she will find her stuff being fired at the bin at high speed. She rolled her eyes at me and said I didnt need to keep going onshock
I will, fire her stuff in the bin should she fling any of our stuff about, but is this life for the next few years with a girl?
How else can I deal with it?

merryandmad Thu 17-Jul-08 22:05:33

how old is she?

merryandmad Thu 17-Jul-08 22:05:34

how old is she?

charliecat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:05:54

shes 10

smartiejake Thu 17-Jul-08 23:11:46

Sorry to say but that sounds quite familiar. My dd (just 12)has told me that she doesn't want to behave like this and feels like she can't control it. I think its raging hormones. I often feel like this when I have PMT so have some sympathy with how she is feeling. However I can control my behaviour when I am feeling like this and she needs to learn to too and she will with time and experience.

Stick to your guns re the throwing things around but try to keep very calm. Say very little, walk out of the room and close the door quietly and let her rant on her own.
Then go back and give her a cuddle and you know how she feels but that she has to learn how to control it.

charliecat Fri 18-Jul-08 12:34:33

Oh god She does then come in the room and ask something with a perfectly normal voice and I think ????? personality transplant.
God tis gonna be a long few years then...the thing is, she wouldnt do it in someone elses house, to anyone elses things...which makes it seem personal. You know?

cory Fri 18-Jul-08 13:25:17

Well,just be thankful it's personal, hun! It's when they start speaking like that to the deputy head that you're really deep in the shit. (keep having to remind myself of this this morning angry)

charliecat Fri 18-Jul-08 13:37:20

Argh, whats happened with your cherub then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now