Talk

Advanced search

5 month change??? Help!!!!!

(4 Posts)
sleepylion Thu 17-Jul-08 17:34:13

ok,
my 5 month daughter is freaking me out. Actually, not just that. She's driving me senseless and insane.
She has always been the perfect angel, well, pretty much. No seriously it's true. Sleeps thru the night since 8 wks, generally calm temprement. Steady routine with eating and napping. Just lovely.
But she now makes moaning noises constantly at high volumes, all the time. And particularly when I'm on the phone or talking to someone.
And I can't take it anymore.
I've just hit a relapse of a thyroid disease, plus I'm a single mother. And I can't take the stress. I'm typing this with ear plugs in!
Nothing I do works for her at the moment. She's hyper and restless - arms flailing everywhere. And screams if I leave the room.
Can anyone offer me some guidance based on their expereicnes? And also let me know if this normal at this stage or not?
Thankyou!
Lou

sleepylion Thu 17-Jul-08 17:34:43

ok,
my 5 month daughter is freaking me out. Actually, not just that. She's driving me senseless and insane.
She has always been the perfect angel, well, pretty much. No seriously it's true. Sleeps thru the night since 8 wks, generally calm temprement. Steady routine with eating and napping. Just lovely.
But she now makes moaning noises constantly at high volumes, all the time. And particularly when I'm on the phone or talking to someone.
And I can't take it anymore.
I've just hit a relapse of a thyroid disease, plus I'm a single mother. And I can't take the stress. I'm typing this with ear plugs in!
Nothing I do works for her at the moment. She's hyper and restless - arms flailing everywhere. And screams if I leave the room.
Can anyone offer me some guidance based on their expereicnes? And also let me know if this normal at this stage or not?
Thankyou!
Lou

crispyduck Thu 17-Jul-08 17:36:00

is she teething?

DonnyLass Thu 17-Jul-08 17:40:26

she's teething I'd say ... my dd1 (22months) is same, happy, independent easy peasy, clockwork on sleep etc ...

total personality change when sleeping ... clings, can't be out of room/sight, restless,

its frustration and pain

with us it lasts 2/3 days max and then normal service resumes

that said -- think 5-ish months is a normal time to realise that youre not actually attached to you mother and get anxious ... disappears after a few weeks

but v stressful at the time esp if theres noone to give you a break

try and keep calm for a few more days and see if it resolves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now