Talk

Advanced search

My 3 year old has chipped her tooth, What should I do ??

(12 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Thu 17-Jul-08 17:24:50

My 3 year old daughter has somehow chipped the side of one of her front teeth. It is only noticeable when you look closely. I gave her a little minie milk ice cream yesterday and she cried when she bit into it and didn't want it anymore.(which is unlike her). Should I take her to the dentist, and what will he do about it?. I have an appointment in 2 weeks for some fillings so should I wait untill then or take her now? It dosn't seem to bother her unless eating somthing cold.

LIZS Thu 17-Jul-08 17:27:09

dd did similar and they left it. She was about 2 1/2. You would n't notice at all now and has caused her no trouble once the sharp edge wore down.

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 17:28:39

Ring the dentist for advice.

mummyloveslucy Thu 17-Jul-08 17:29:11

Oh that's good. I'll still take her when I go just to get it checked. How on earth did she manage it ??

violetsmile Thu 17-Jul-08 17:30:12

I'd take her to the dentist sooner if possible but I suppose 2 weeks isn't too long to wait as long as she stays away from ice cream!!! Poor girl, t must have maybe exposed a nerve and made it sensitive. sad

I would have thought the dentist will fill it if it's hurting her to eat cold things as it could mean it will let sugar and acid decay it further.

Hope she gets it sorted and is back to her mini milks soon!

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 17:33:09

I would ring now. When my son fell off his bike I had to take him to an emergency dentist and when we had our next appointment I mentioned I never thought to take him after to his normal one. He said it is always best too.

I wouldn't leave her 2 weeks. Poor thing.

mummyloveslucy Thu 17-Jul-08 17:33:43

Yes, I'll ring the dentist tommorrow and see what he says.
If she has to have a filling, I don't think she'll stay still for it. It would be awful for her.sad

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 17:34:39

You don't have a filling for a chipped tooth afaik.

mummyloveslucy Thu 17-Jul-08 17:36:48

What would they do then ?

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 17:40:02

Probably just look at it and check if it is loose but they can't put a new bit on the side if it is chipped like so

| |
| /

mummyloveslucy Thu 17-Jul-08 17:47:11

Yes that is how it's chipped but it's only very slight. The dentist is lovely with her and I'm sure he'll do what's best.

LeonieD Sun 20-Jul-08 12:59:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now