Talk

Advanced search

6month old wont stop shouting!!!! :(

(6 Posts)
lyndseyann Thu 17-Jul-08 15:02:09

hi my ds has just turned 6 months and for the past 2 weeks he has done nothing but scream and shout!! he's well fed and watered and hes dry.
sometimes it stops when i lift him and other times it doesnt.
he getys plenty of attention but not too much that he can usually amuse himself with his toys
hes not in any pain, i thought he'd just found his voice. im finding it really hard 2 cope with the screaming as it is ear peircing!!!!!
hs anyone any advice please and is this normal????????????

MilkyChopsKid Thu 17-Jul-08 16:02:14

Hi Lyndseyann,

I've just been searching old threads on exactly this! My 8 month DD also does ear piercing screams, sometimes when she is having fun but also when she seems frustrated. She doesn't do it when she is upset.

Other threads suggest it is normal, somebody did recommend baby signing which was interesting. Lets hope somebody with more advice comes along. Otherwise it is out with the earplugs!

cluckyagain Thu 17-Jul-08 16:04:32

Earplugs - they soon stop screaming and start making sense at top volume instead!

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 16:05:37

dd did this when she was bored - going out of the house, in the pram or even just into the garden, was the quickest cure

they get fed up staring at the same 4 walls much more quickly than we do

lyndseyann Thu 17-Jul-08 16:53:44

i saw a programme about baby signing on the baby channel not that long ago it looked really interesting but i wouldnt have a clue where 2 start, im from belfast and ive not heard of any classes or anything like it in the area. it would be good 2 be able 2 communicate better, i feel awful when he's shouting and i cant help!
thanks 4 all the advice

EyeballsintheSky Thu 17-Jul-08 17:07:25

LOL DD does this round the supermarket! Very embarrassing but funny. She does it when she's happy though, like when we're having our lie in some mornings, she'll bounce on my (considerable) tummy and shriek!

The other alternative is blowing raspberries at everyone so....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now