Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

14 month old dd tearing my hair out (literally) when cuddling etc..

(7 Posts)
hazeyjane Thu 17-Jul-08 09:44:07

she has always liked to hold my hair when going to sleep, feeding etc, but now she rakes her fingers through it and she is tearing lots and lots out. In the morning she wakes at 5, and I always bought her into bed with us, but now I can't do this because I will be bald within a week!

Has anyone else had this, has anyone found a way of stopping it? (I have tried tying it back, putting socks on her hands)
Thankyousmile

positiveparentscouk Thu 17-Jul-08 09:48:21

my youngest did this and after trying what you did, in the end i had to keep grabbing her hand, gently and holding it away, saying, ouch that hurts mummy. It took about a week but she did stop in the end (or at least cut it down!)

hazeyjane Thu 17-Jul-08 11:30:23

Thanks.
I've tried doing this, but she just goes ballistic, and screams the place down (and waking up our other dd), I gues i might just have to tough it out.

positiveparentscouk Thu 17-Jul-08 15:07:01

hmm well if its a comfort thing, i wonder if it can be replaced, such as with a doll with long hair? If not then yes you will have to tough it out, as you cant put up with having it yanked out of your head all the time!

hazeyjane Thu 17-Jul-08 18:25:55

I'll give a doll a go, and see how that works. If toughing it out doesn't work, I may have to just cut it short.smile

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Thu 17-Jul-08 18:28:06

I get loads of hair pulled out by my 13 month DD when she is feeding or cuddling too.

moanylisa Thu 17-Jul-08 18:39:05

It would be a shame to cut it short for this reason - the phase does pass, and presumably this will upset her just as much as when you tie it back/plait it out of her way anyway? Just a thought x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now