Talk

Advanced search

DD cries when anyone laughs ...?

(6 Posts)
TillyScoutsmum Wed 16-Jul-08 13:56:53

DD is a fairly happy baby/toddler and doesn't cry much. However, if someone laughs, then she bursts into tears. I can't work out whether its the sudden noise or whether she thinks we're laughing at her. She also cries if someone else (another child for example) cries.

She's 14 months now and has been doing this pretty much since she was about 7 months old

Has anyone else had this ? I'm assuming its normal and she'll just grow out of it but just curious to see if anyone's dc's are similar

TIA

Triggles Wed 16-Jul-08 14:39:00

DS has done this since he was quite young - he's almost 2yrs now. He gets startled by loud laughter and starts crying. It's definitely the noise that bothers him.

LittleMyDancing Wed 16-Jul-08 14:40:27

Ds doesn't like loud noises either - grannie sneezing, sudden laughs, anything like that.

Now he's 2.4, he doesn't cry though, he just looks worried and says 'What was that Mummy?'

TillyScoutsmum Wed 16-Jul-08 16:54:25

Awww - obviously just a sensitive soul then smile

megcleary Wed 16-Jul-08 17:03:17

likewise here dd 10 mo

MrsTiddles Wed 16-Jul-08 17:30:56

my sister did this from about 4 months. it was definitely the loud noise - and the fact it happened suddenly without warning. but she has grown up into a teenager who loves to laugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now