Talk

Advanced search

DD has DONE MY HEAD IN today.... :-(

(17 Posts)
lucyellensmum Mon 14-Jul-08 21:21:13

She is three next week, and is has just whined and whinged for the whole bloody day angry. She has been really bloody difficult in a manner i can't really describe, if you know what i mean. Whiney voice, "i don't want that!" "i want xyz!" "i want to do xyz NOW". She has her moments, they all do, but today she has been like it ALL day. Resulting in me just not wanting to be near her and leaving her with DP most of the afternoon because her voice was actually grating on my nerves blush.

Then DP said i was horrible to her because when she came out into the kitchen when i was trying to cook dinner, she is trying to get ice cubes out of the freezer, she wont budge and i end up saying "come on DD, just go away for a minute". Its not like i told her to feck off. hmm. And i was honestly at the end of my rope.

Was it me today? Why was she so whiney? She doesn't seem like she is sickening for anything, just totally whingy and irritable. Tired? I don't think so, early night last night, didnt wake til 7. Busy day yesterday i suppose.

I actually felt a bit resentful today and i hate that, i adore my little girl, but today i just wanted to be anywhere but here. Did she pick up on that do you think? Or was she being a bugger today, if so WHY and more importantly WHAT DO I DO??? This will be bad if it continues as i dont think i can cope.

copingvquietly Mon 14-Jul-08 21:23:53

LEM you and me both today.im at the end of my rope.not his fault but even so.

have a (((hug))) from me!

lucyellensmum Mon 14-Jul-08 21:31:04

Thanks cvq, its harder when they are ill, they have a reason but it doesn't make it any easier, especially when you are stressed and knackered. Hope your little man perks up soon xx

LookattheLottie Mon 14-Jul-08 21:43:58

Oh god, you're me today lol!

Dd's only 13 months, but my god! On and on and on. The poor thing is ill granted, but she didn't know what she wanted today and just spent every waking hour screaming at me.

I picked her up - she screamed. I put her down - she screamed harder.

Does she want to play with her toys - no. I put away her toys, she screamed some more.

She was hungry, I prepared her 3 meals that were all thrown at me, the dog or the floor - I shit you not.

She was tired, I tried cuddling her in only for her to bend, twist, shake, wriggle, bite me, kick me or hit me so that I'd put her down again. She screamed when I did.

When she needed her nappy changed she screamed at me to do it, would she let me? No.

I finally managed to get her half sleeping on me, put her in her cot ready for her milk and bed, she woke up and started wailing. I stuck the feckin bottle in her mouth, put on her lullaby music, shut the bloody door and felt like my head was about to explode in pain. Only to then realise I'd put her to bed fully clothed, not in her pyjamers.

Fearing to enter the dragons den I haven't been back to change her! grin

lucyellensmum Mon 14-Jul-08 21:47:23

im glad its not just me then, if that doesn't sound too unkind. I do often wonder if it is just that i am not very good at this whole parenting thing. I am on ADs and although i try not to let things get to me with DD, sometimes i feel on the verge of exploding and DD whinging is just like nails down a blackboard

Dragonhart Mon 14-Jul-08 21:59:17

Lucyellen- Snap on the type of day! DS is three in 2 weeks and has just spent the day trying to get a rise out of me whining and moaning about everything not being just right.

This morning he fake cried because he had finished all the raisins I put in his cereal then when he eventualy started to eat the rest of the cereal, he found a load more at the bottom!

He didnt want to watch tweenies but didnt want to watch a dvd, just wanted cebeebies to put something else on! hmm

He didnt want to read beatrix bottom story (normaly makes me laugh when he says it instead of potter but today I was just glad when he went to sleep!) But started to cry when I put it back in the book shelf to choose another!

And about a million more rediculous demands!

We definatly make each other worse. Sometimes it is like we feed off each other. Having had a massive battle about him standing still while I put his pjs on, I calmed down and said 'can you go and have a wee while I put dd2's nappy on' in a friendly voice and he just went! No fuss! Angrier I get, worse he gets!

Pavlovthecat Mon 14-Jul-08 22:04:56

I know completely those moods, the ones you cant really describe.

Sometimes DD is like a whirlwind with it, creates havoc and is whiney all day. Mostly she is a breeze and for me it makes it harder when she has a moany day as I am not used to it! But when she does, as much as I love her, I just want to shut the bedroom door.

It is not you, it is the situation caused by a toddler learning independence, having mood swings/a bad day like we get, and not being able to communicate it. It does not make it easier though does it?!!

Hope tomorrow is calmer for you.

lucyellensmum Mon 14-Jul-08 22:17:57

Dragon - rotfl about wanting ceebebies to put something else on. DD does that too

Actually, im embarrased to say that i think that was part of it tbh. Our telly is broken, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and i suppose i am guilty of letting her watch it a bit too much when i am doing stuff in the morning. So not a good start to the day when im tring to clean kitchen, get dressed, put washing out etc. This morning i made myself three cups of tea - the first one i didnt have time to drink, the second i got as far as putting the water and tea bag, the third, even got the milk in but actually didnt get time to take the tea bag out. Ended up with a glass of water.

DD will occupy herself a little now, and i did manage to persuade her to do some mega blocks while i put the washing out. She hadn't played with these for a while and we have graduated to duplo so it was a novelty. Actually now i come to think of it, she was very sweet earlier because she tidied them away for me. AAhhhh, its all sinking in now = i sort of didnt say no we are not going swiming today and DD decided that was what she wanted to do. Then daddy came home from work early so we just "chilled" or tried to for the rest of the day.

Perhaps i'll take her swimming tomorrow

elmoandella Mon 14-Jul-08 22:29:05

can i join this gang.

my son is going thru a wrestling stage.

wants to wrestle everything from cuddly toys to my neighbours very shy toddler.

no matter of naughty corner seems to stop him rugby tackling things.

in particular his 11 month old sister. who's now taking to waking him over the head with the nearest object when he does it.

cue the whining.

pls pls pls make it stop.

aaaaaaaaahh on sunday i'm off for spa day. first escape sine dd was born!

lucyellensmum Tue 15-Jul-08 15:28:28

Peace and normality is restored - you know why? Daddy is back at work!!hmm. LEM ponders suggesting DP gets a job working away from home grin

eandh Tue 15-Jul-08 15:34:52

DD1 having one of these days, it was last session at preschool this morning and it was party so over excited meant she wouldnt eat breakfast= me threatening not going to party.

She has moaned her way through the day and I am counting down to bedtime (177 minutes to go)

DH home early and is winding her up so making things even worse, oh god I've got 7.5weeks of her home now for the holidays (not back to 8th september and her 4th birthday is the 7th sept so now her new annoying thing is saying 'its nearly my birthday' about 4 times a minute [grrrr])

lucyellensmum Tue 15-Jul-08 15:41:11

lol - every time we have our lunch in the garden i am getting "is this my birthday party" over and over. Thankfully next week really will be her birthday, but we opted for the soft play cop out as our garden isn't really suitable for maruading toddlers. Im very precious about my veggies grin

eandh Tue 15-Jul-08 15:44:58

we have booked preschool hall and entertainer and minimal finger food as they dont seem to eat it!wink

HAppy 3rd birthday to your dd for next week

LazyLinePainterJane Tue 15-Jul-08 15:45:46

Well DS is 3 next month and he has been like this for the last few days. Today was awful, screaming tantrum in Mothercare and then just refusing to do anything, like get out of his car seat, which is a nightmare at the best of times, let alone when you only have a 3 door car and are 6 months PG! Then took him swimming and he refused to get in the pool.

[chants] this too will pass........

allyspice Tue 15-Jul-08 16:26:22

Oh thank god it might not just be me!!! DD has been doing my head in for 2 days. This morning was a classic.

Me: Can you find your shoes, we need to leave for the doctor's now

weespice: I want to wear my strawberry skirt.

me: you already have your clothes on, you can wear that tomorrow.

ws : WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

me: come on then, let's get the skirt we're late already.

ws: (sniffle)

Locate skirt (in ironing pile), put skirt on, get to the front door and..... puddle on the floor.

DD has been dry (allegedly) for 3 months.

me: (forced jollity) Let's get that those wet clothes off.

ws: nonononononononononoNONONO!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Cancelled doc appointment as were now too late to get there in time - earful from receptionist. Since then ws has refused to:
eat lunch (except cherry tomato)
watch balamory "Miss Hooly's too happy mummy"
choose a story (but went mad when I chose it)
take her bike to the park (although was hysterical when bumped into friend and her Dd in park, and DD had bike with her)

i'm not cut out for this parenting lark....

Phono Tue 15-Jul-08 16:35:47

Message withdrawn

allyspice Tue 15-Jul-08 16:59:05

Ok phono, I'll give her that one. Pass the tippex.wink

Strange how it's never bothered her before though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now