Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a 9 year old that WHINGES and MOANS ALLLLLLLLLL the time....

(10 Posts)
KerryMum Sun 13-Jul-08 22:07:59

you would think by 9 they'd stop. wouldn't you?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

admylin Sun 13-Jul-08 22:09:30

I've got a 10 year old that whinges if that's any help!

KerryMum Sun 13-Jul-08 22:12:13

lol.

I don't think he knows how to speak in a non-whingey voice.

It is like nails on a chaulkboard.

unknownrebelbang Sun 13-Jul-08 22:14:35

My 9 year old whinges a lot.

dylsmum1998 Mon 14-Jul-08 21:25:06

mine doesnt whinge, he moans and strops, then when i say enough go to your room or thats it no cinema (or whatever) he bursts into tears. telling me i'm mean i dont let him do anything hmm

Tnoog Mon 14-Jul-08 21:30:35

Ds[10] normally moans incessantly and is generally very moody but since starting the summer holidays he's a changed child..

he's happy, easy-going and calm.

No doubt come September he'll be back to being Victor Meldrew.

dylsmum1998 Mon 14-Jul-08 21:33:19

oh maybe i'll have a few weeks peace then, we break up for summer next week grin

Tnoog Mon 14-Jul-08 21:37:52

Hopefully you will, DylsMum grin

I think ds is just really enjoying the freedom of no routine, especially in the morning.

School can be a killer for them and us, so it's good to have time to recharge.

LoveMyGirls Mon 14-Jul-08 21:43:09

We have been at the end of our tether with dd1 (almost 9) over the past few weeks.

Over the past week she hasn't stayed up late apart from saturday night, no tv in her room, no playing with her friends, no snacks between dinner she is now saying she promises to be good. I hope she means it.

We're introducing a reward chart from tomorrow where she has 2 chances in the morning and 2 chances in the afternoon to earn 75p pocket money per day if she blows all her chances she will get nothing.

I'll let you know how we get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now