Talk

Advanced search

My 6month old is growing up too fast!

(6 Posts)
chloemegjess Thu 10-Jul-08 21:58:57

Hello. My 6month old DD is pretty much crawling, can pull herself up on furniture, has sat unaided for a good month or 2, will walk when you holder her hands etc.

I feel like she is growing up too fast! Everywhere I go people say "wow, never seen such a small baby do that" (she is very small for her age, 3-6months clothes still baggy (13lb 14).

Is this normal? I feel like she was only a "baby" for a couple of weeks, as by the time she was about 4 weeks old, she had no interest in lying down and wanted to be standing (with an adult holding her hands etc). I feel in a way like I missed out on having a very young baby!

Sorry, I have ust re-read and it all sounds a bit mad! But I am very tired and sleep deprived and about to go to bed!

chloemegjess Thu 10-Jul-08 22:00:51

We have had to stop putting her in her pram/baby chair etc as she can climb out of everything. Have now got her cot on the lowest level, which I didnt expect to do for ages.

thisisyesterday Thu 10-Jul-08 22:04:11

aww bless, both of mine were like this. ds2 slightly later than ds1, but still well on his way to walking already.

it's a bloody nightmare, that's all i'll say lol

Shoshe Thu 10-Jul-08 22:07:38

DGD did this and then walked at 8 months!!

Thisisyesterday, I agree a nightmare!

elmoandella Thu 10-Jul-08 22:12:03

both of mine were also like this and walking by 9 months. mines were both large babies. so no one thought anything of it. possible coz so little people think she's younger.

start nailing things to the ground and hide the ornaments

violetsmile Fri 11-Jul-08 06:38:13

My ds was like this. He held his head up from day 1, he rolled over about 3 months and could sit up at 4 months. He didn't crawl til 9 months though but he pulled up on furniture and cruised a long time before this. He always wanted to be up on his legs. Very independant, hated being laid down. I look at my friend's babies who were just so placid and just laid in their cot or pram. My ds was struggling to get out and screaming to stand up and be walked around!

I have no idea what it's like to have a small baby really cos mine never acted like one! I can't imagine having a baby that was placid and actually laid down for any length of time!

My dh was also like this though and he walked at 8 months!!!!! Scary!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now