Talk

Advanced search

Book: Bringing up Boys (or something like it) Any recommendations

(8 Posts)
SwissCheese Thu 10-Jul-08 21:07:56

My DS is a bit of a handful at times. Someone suggested I buy the book on bringing up boys. I wondered if anyone had it and if it was useful?

Jacksmybaby Thu 10-Jul-08 21:11:36

How old? "Toddler Taming" is good, but don't know if you're past that stage... Have also heard Bringing up Boys is good but haven't read it.

HonoriaGlossop Thu 10-Jul-08 21:18:51

I've read it and thoroughly recommend it. Definitely worth reading and it has some interesting things to say about the stages of development of boys and also about the importance of dads and how they can best help.

SwissCheese Thu 10-Jul-08 21:19:45

DS is nearly 3. I don't know what age group it covers AND if it will entice my DH to do some homework on DS development.

BronzeNemesis Thu 10-Jul-08 21:21:25

Steve Bidulphs one was the only parenting book I ever actually read more than the first few pages of. Its a little too American in style for me in parts but most of what he says really makes sense.

Jacksmybaby Thu 10-Jul-08 21:25:23

You could try checking out what parenting books your library has in... then you can flick through and decide if you like it and can always buy a copy then if you do.
Toddler Taming is aimed at up to 4 years although quite a bit of it might be a bit redundant for a nearly 3 year old I suppose.

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Jul-08 21:26:32

That's my boy by Jenni Murray is fab. For older boys but still fab.

HonoriaGlossop Thu 10-Jul-08 21:29:39

I must get hold of the Jenni Murray book - have been meaning to for ages! Why fab?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now