Talk

Advanced search

My little one gets frustrated very easily, dont know how to help him..and me!

(5 Posts)
pinkglittermags Thu 10-Jul-08 15:32:30

Hello there,

My son Dorian, 4 months tomorrow, seems to be a very frustrated little boy, he seems to want to run before he can seat or walk, he is very curious about everything and fight sleep as much as he can, I try to find a lots of things for him to do like bouncer, playmats, lots of colourfull toys to grab, chew, I spend a lot of time with him and play as much as I can but nothing seems to be good enough.
He seemsto be too lazy to entertain himself and I do not know what to do.
I cant hold him 24/7! And even when I do it does not necessarily help.
Am I the only one with a baby like this?

The anoying thing is that he seems to behave himself when other people are around so I can t show them what I mean!!!

AbbeyA Thu 10-Jul-08 15:49:18

I think it is much harder when they are the first-much easier when they have older siblings to watch. Have you tried to get out to mother and baby groups, NCT coffe mornings etc?

AbbeyA Thu 10-Jul-08 15:49:57

Sorry missed the e- coffee!

EffiePerine Thu 10-Jul-08 15:53:33

He isn;t lazy, just needs lots of outside stimulation at this age (DS was the same, much easier when he started crawling). Do you have a sling (a supportive one rather than the baby bjorn carrier type)? If so you can bung him in and chatter while you're getting on with things.

Also I found taking DS out in his buggy for long walks helped with the stimulation and the naps (he would only nap in his buggy).

violetsmile Thu 10-Jul-08 21:21:25

My ds was exactly the same. Very hard work and just wanted to be carried anround and shown things all day.

He hated being put down and just had to be on the move all the time.

It got slowly better once he could crawl. I agree that he isn;t lazy. i like to think my ds is just clever and just wants to do more than his body will allow him

I could be wrong though, he may just be bloody awkward!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now