Advanced search

When did you manage some routine

(10 Posts)
Mosschops30 Wed 02-Feb-05 20:39:21

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Wed 02-Feb-05 20:58:42

Message withdrawn

Donbean Wed 02-Feb-05 21:13:08

You dont say how old ds is but it sounds like he is small as he is still in a moses basket.
My ds was into a routine quite early. However, he had colic and used to scream like you describe or was experiencing a growth spurt and so needed more B/F.
its very difficult to say. You just have to ride the storm really.
I did start with a bath/bed/ pyjamas/winding down routine really very early though i have to say. i also tried to get him into the day/night routine very early also.
If he is really tiny then i wouldnt leave him to cry as its usually for a reason.
Good luck, HTH and im thinking about you.

mummylonglegs Wed 02-Feb-05 21:13:19

How old is he Mosschops? Does he sleep all afternoon? How is his feeding routine?

Frizbe Wed 02-Feb-05 21:17:39

Sounds like colic to me mosschops, tended to build up during the day with dd and she was a great afternoon sleeper, followed by an evening on the boob in varying spurts! I'd try the lots of infacol route if I were you, it takes a day or two to kick in properly as needs to build up (from what I remember) but worked a treat for us, with additional winding of course. I agree with the basket upstairs comment, we did with dd, even thou it meant me spending half the evening upstairs feeding and winding her, she certainly got the sense of night for bed from it, and when she hit about 3mths dropped one of her evening feeds and slept thru 10-6! so good luck x

Donbean Wed 02-Feb-05 21:19:24

Infacol...life and sanity saver, get some, get lots, and give it lots!

TracyK Wed 02-Feb-05 21:44:30

agree - get him upstairs.
we kept ds with us for the first month maybe (can't remember and it was only 11 months ago!)
he stayed with us on the couch till about 8.30 and then put him to bed in our room. But after a month ish - he started his feed, bath, another feed, bed routine. Once he went up for his bath he NEVER came back down. Although I had to stay upstairs till about 8.30 settling him - but it got easier after a while.
and once he moved into his own room in the big cot he started sleeping 13 hours straight.

Mosschops30 Fri 04-Feb-05 19:45:36

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Fri 04-Feb-05 20:09:43

Agree with those who say it sounds like colic... We just had to do anything we could to get through this stage... mainly walking every night in a sling for hours on end. We tried all the remedies but nothing worked for us. It stopped at 3 months prompt.

Cristina7 Fri 04-Feb-05 20:19:38

Nothing much worked for us. We thought he liked The Clash as we'd dance & rock him in our arms whilst listening to them. Then, at 8 months we found out our son was deaf, so it couldn't have been The Clash helping him, perhaps the rocking motion. The "colic" stopped eventually but it does seem to last forever. We've never left him to cry without trying to comfort him, even if it meant 3 hours every evening. He started crying at 6 pm promptly, as soon as his dad entered through the door. (BTW he first slept through the night after he'd turned 3 years old, but that's not what you want to hear just now.) Good luck, it will pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now