Talk

Advanced search

Infant Colic

(8 Posts)
Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 13:45:25

Dear mothers,

I am doing research on colic therefore I need mothers with young babies (below 7 months) to fill in a short questionnaire for me. The study is for my thesis and is trying to investigate whether/how colic has an effect on your well being.

I will provide you information about our findings after the data has been analysed. It is a good way to become aware of how your child's colic can change your mood, psychological state, and so on.

I would really appreciate your help as I am running out of time to collect data . Its a very short questionnaire! Please let me know if you will be willing to help me so I can send you the questionnaire

Thank you all

Eby

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 09-Jul-08 14:04:16

Will you be looking into the link between milk intolerance and colic as part of your research, as it is thought that a lot of 'colic' actually isn't?

Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:43:21

Well there is a lot of information on colic and studies have inconsistent findings so we dont actually know for sure what colic is. The definitions differ a lot hence the inconsistency with the findings.. I am looking on how having a colicky baby has an impact on you (mood, psychological state, sleep).

Its a very interesting piece of research, please let me know if you would like to help me by filling in my questionnaire. Its very short and your contribution means a lot to me

Thank you once again

Eby

Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:54:00

my e- mail is: ebruperera@yahoo.co.uk. Please contact me if you would like to help.

Thank you

Eby

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 09-Jul-08 15:35:13

Sorry eby - my dd is too old for me to take part in your research now.

fransmom Wed 09-Jul-08 15:37:59

my little girl (though now too old for me to help you) used to have colic and i felt like a zombie walking her round trying to help her settle.

Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 18:14:06

Oh dear..well at least she's older now so no colic it must have been really hard to deal with.. I hope my baby in the future does now have it..

tortoisefairy Thu 10-Jul-08 20:42:59

my ds2 has been diagnosed with reflux today and i also think he has colic. he is 8 wweeks old. send the questionaire to tortoisefairy@talk21.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now