Advanced search

Infant Colic

(8 Posts)
Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 13:45:25

Dear mothers,

I am doing research on colic therefore I need mothers with young babies (below 7 months) to fill in a short questionnaire for me. The study is for my thesis and is trying to investigate whether/how colic has an effect on your well being.

I will provide you information about our findings after the data has been analysed. It is a good way to become aware of how your child's colic can change your mood, psychological state, and so on.

I would really appreciate your help as I am running out of time to collect data . Its a very short questionnaire! Please let me know if you will be willing to help me so I can send you the questionnaire

Thank you all

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 09-Jul-08 14:04:16

Will you be looking into the link between milk intolerance and colic as part of your research, as it is thought that a lot of 'colic' actually isn't?

Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:43:21

Well there is a lot of information on colic and studies have inconsistent findings so we dont actually know for sure what colic is. The definitions differ a lot hence the inconsistency with the findings.. I am looking on how having a colicky baby has an impact on you (mood, psychological state, sleep).

Its a very interesting piece of research, please let me know if you would like to help me by filling in my questionnaire. Its very short and your contribution means a lot to me

Thank you once again

Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:54:00

my e- mail is: Please contact me if you would like to help.

Thank you

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 09-Jul-08 15:35:13

Sorry eby - my dd is too old for me to take part in your research now.

fransmom Wed 09-Jul-08 15:37:59

my little girl (though now too old for me to help you) used to have colic and i felt like a zombie walking her round trying to help her settle.

Eby03 Wed 09-Jul-08 18:14:06

Oh dear..well at least she's older now so no colic it must have been really hard to deal with.. I hope my baby in the future does now have it..

tortoisefairy Thu 10-Jul-08 20:42:59

my ds2 has been diagnosed with reflux today and i also think he has colic. he is 8 wweeks old. send the questionaire to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now