Talk

Advanced search

When did your DC's eyes change colour?

(21 Posts)
bearmama Tue 08-Jul-08 23:51:23

DP has blue eyes, mine are brown. At the mo DD has the most beautiful blue eyes. She is 13 wks old and I'm hoping they will stay that way as everyone says she looks like me rather than DP.

ChasingSquirrels Tue 08-Jul-08 23:53:03

they didn't, well not yet anyway - 5.9y and 2.5y

Purplepillow Tue 08-Jul-08 23:53:22

My dd has had the darkest brown eyes from birth, not every baby's eyes change colour.

StellaDallas Tue 08-Jul-08 23:57:05

DD1 was born with blue eyes but after a week I could see they were likely to change colour to brown. They are a gorgeous dark brown now.

zazen Tue 08-Jul-08 23:57:21

I have green eyes and my DH has yellow ones - our DD was born with the regulation slate blue, and after about 5 months we noticed a little bit of green in the middles - now at 4yo she has hazel eyes, bluish ring on the outside, green middle bit and amber flecks around the pupil.

You might notice a little change around the pupil of your DD's eyes if they are going to change, but not for a good few months yet. Enjoy gazing at your little one!!

ManhattanMama Tue 08-Jul-08 23:58:58

I've got brown and DH has blue - DS was born with brilliant blue eyes and still has them 9 months later.

expatinscotland Tue 08-Jul-08 23:59:59

dd1's went from grey to green age 2 and are still green. she's 5.

dd2 was born with brown eyes and they still are!

bluenosesaint Wed 09-Jul-08 00:01:52

I have green eyes, dh has blue eyes.

Dd1 was born with blue eyes and they stayed blue til around her first birthday when they went green ...then around her second birthday they went hazel! shock

Dd2 was born with blue eyes. They are still blue. She is 5.

Dd3 was born with blue eyes. They are still blue. She is 11 months.

Aimsmum Wed 09-Jul-08 00:05:14

Message withdrawn

solo Wed 09-Jul-08 00:15:13

Ds's eyes went from blue to greyish to the most gorgeous minky brown colour which I hoped he'd keep...but they went brown at about 6 months(his father had bright blue eyes, I have dark brown).
Dd's eyes are blue - gorgeous, gorgeous blue eyes. Her dad has brown eyes...I had hoped her eyes would go brown, but I do think she has stunningly beautiful blue eyes, so...she can keep them grinI'd hate them to go green. Don't like green eyes(exh ugh! syndrome).

thumbwitch Wed 09-Jul-08 01:15:31

good to know that it takes a while - i have had MIL,DH and various telling me that DS's eyes should have changed colour by now if they were going to. Mine are grey/green/blue, DH's are green and DS's are currently blue but heading a little greyer at times. I think they will end up the same as mine.

Solo, my 3rd niece's eyes did the same as your DS, just a bit later - that minky brown colour is fab, isn't it?

solo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:28:53

thumbwitch. Yes! it was like a brown stoney colour - really beautiful <sigh>
My friends twins eyes changed colour at age 6, which really surprised me(and her)! and my best friends grandson's changed aged 2. I was lead to believe that eyes would be their permanent colour by 6 months, which is obviously not correct - well, not for everyone anyway grin

FluffyMummy123 Wed 09-Jul-08 22:31:35

Message withdrawn

DaddyJ Wed 09-Jul-08 23:14:01

I think about 2 months after birth.
Sigh. I did love her blue eyes.

EBenes Wed 09-Jul-08 23:17:09

Went from gorgeous navy blue to dark brown in about 6 weeks. I knew they'd never last because no one has navy blue eyes in real life.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 09-Jul-08 23:22:02

DS1's eyes gradually faded from a deep petrol blue to the very bright blue they are now.
DS2's eyes were not a very blue blue when he was born and everyone said they would go dark brown. Which they did, within a few weeks iirc.
I love his dark brown eyes. They seem so full of, well, soul and depth. Whereas ds1s eyes are sometimes a bit wishy washy blue!

Dropdeadfred Wed 09-Jul-08 23:22:12

My eldest dd had blue blue eyes til she was at least 5..they then gradually got greener and in the last few years have got more hazel ( she is 16)
dd2 had blue eyes at birth and kept them til she was about 4 they then went greyer and greyer. if she wears turquoise they look really turquise

dd3 had blue eyes for her first ear then they got a hazel rim around them and now almost have amber speckles in them.

They all have lovely ees but dd1 was gutted to lose hr blue eyes and go green sad

bearmama Wed 09-Jul-08 23:41:50

This is an education!
I thought all Caucasian babies were born with blue eyes blush
Ah well if they do change I have the 100's of photos to remind me. grin

christywhisty Wed 09-Jul-08 23:42:28

Mine are dark brown and DH has grey. Ds's were always very dark almost black when he was born, then went dark brown.

DD were blue from the start and now she is 10 they are changeable from blue to grey.

solo Wed 09-Jul-08 23:54:06

My Dd is a quarter West Indian, a quarter East Indian and the remainder white English...she is very pale and blue eyed, but her paternal grandma has grey eyes and maternal grandma has green eyes...very odd really, but I guess that's where she gets them from.

CJMommy Thu 10-Jul-08 00:02:50

DS was born with sparkling, brilliant blue eyes. He's now 6 months and they have been gradually getting darker since day one. They look a little grey now so really have no idea how they will turn out, DH has greeny/brown and I have blue eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now