Talk

Advanced search

dd1 refuses to eat when her dad is in hospital.

(15 Posts)
misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 07:08:57

this keeps happening. i dont know what to do. she is barely eating. even tried bribing her with a bag of crisps and she hardly touched them. i know when i'm stressed i dont eat much, but for a child to do this is scary. any suggestions? i may try getting her a macdonalds later, but doubt that'll work.

Carla Wed 02-Feb-05 07:11:58

How old is she, misdee? You poor thing, this must be the last thing you need on top of everything else. Does she say she doesn't want to eat 'cos daddy's in hospital, or is it just an observation you've made?

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 07:14:34

she is almost 5. she says she is hungrey, will have a few bites of a meal and leave it. she also sometimes says 'i dont want anything to eat'. yesterday she had one mini pancake, school lunch (have to find out if she is eating at school) and after school she went to grandmas where she didnt eat again. grandma has tried to get her to eat as well. am trying to not let dd1 see how its getting to me, but am finding it hard.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 07:14:52

when dh is home, she eats loads.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 02-Feb-05 07:22:16

Poor her and poor you misdee. Can you tell her daddy wants her to eat? Sorry if that's a crap suggestion. Personally, I wouldn't try McDonalds, what's the point of her only eating something nutritionally crap? At least if she's only offered things that have some value then she'll get something good down her. Even cakes have eggs in them! I hope you find something.

Carla Wed 02-Feb-05 07:24:03

misdee I'm not up to date with all the threads at the moment - when was dh admitted?

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 07:24:17

i know macdonalds is bad idea, but am desperate.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 07:25:16

dh has been in and out since middle of december, but has been in and out of hospital since dd1 was 2yrs old really. he went in again last thursday.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 02-Feb-05 07:32:10

sorry misdee, I didn't mean to criticise, it's your prerogative to give her McDonalds if that's what you want to do.

fairyfly Wed 02-Feb-05 08:03:39

Does she have a favbourite take away? Yiu could go and get a nutritrional milk shake, they have ones that are equivalent of two meals. Even a little bit of one would do her good.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 08:04:45

she wont even drink a cup of hot milk atm, and before she would drink a big anyway up cup size each evening b4 bed.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 08:05:21

not even a korma and rice tempted her to eat more than a few mouthfuls. dd2 on the other hand polished off a huge plateful.

nailpolish Wed 02-Feb-05 08:15:18

hi misdee are you feeling less sore this morning?

is dd allowed to visit your dh in hospital? how is he just now? is he allowed out of the ward to go down to the canteen? could he and dd eat together? even one meal every day/2 days?

sorry, maybe a long shot

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 10:14:41

she visits him, and he tries to get her to eat, even offers her food, but she just wont eat it. the coffee shop is shut by the time we get there so they cant get a meal together.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 18:39:47

today is ebtter. am at mieows and dd1 ate a slice of pizza and some garlic bread. at least its something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now