Talk

Advanced search

My ds1 just amazed me !

(18 Posts)
Kayleigh Tue 01-Feb-05 18:54:44

My ds2 (3.5) was just very very cheeky to me. He then stormed into his brothers room and slammed the door. I was just about to go and retrieve him for a session of sitting on the naughty stair when I heard ds1 (6.5) say "You shouldn't talk to Mummy like that Xxxx, it's not nice".
Where did that come from !!! He sounded so grown up.

I then went downstairs and 5 minutes later they come down the stairs, ds1 in front saying "Xxxxx has got something to say to you". Ds2 then comes and says "Sorry Mummy". And we all have a big hug.

Maybe he'll be a diplomat when he grows up.

Kaz33 Tue 01-Feb-05 19:05:31

Fab, I'm a firm believer that what we reap we sow - DS1 is obviously copying the behaviour that he sees at home. Great parenting award

Frizbe Tue 01-Feb-05 19:10:33

Excellent lucky you, all your hard work is paying off!

Lonelymum Tue 01-Feb-05 19:10:50

Wow I wish my older children were as mature! Today ds2 failed to tell me at the local pool that he had gone straight from the loo to his swimming lesson and in the time it took for me to realise this, ds1 and dd had allowed ds3 to disappear in the changing rooms. Why can't they just look out for each other a bit more?

So, a big pat on the back to your ds1 (and your ds2 for saying sorry - another of my bug bears!)

TinyGang Tue 01-Feb-05 19:10:58

Ahh...what a lovely chap! Sounds like an ally to me!

My dd is a bit like this now she's 6 yrs; they seem to become quite hot on the 'rules' at this at this age. Overheard her saying to her younger brother and sister, 'Who's going to clear up this mess? Mummy's only got two hands you know!' Can't imagine where that came from

SeaShells Tue 01-Feb-05 19:11:01

That's so sweet! You'll have no worries about your DS2 with a role model like your DS1 to look up to! See they love us really!

Kayleigh Tue 01-Feb-05 19:12:06

Thanks Kaz33, it will go up on the mantlepiece with my 34 bad parenting awards

HunkerMunker Tue 01-Feb-05 19:12:31

Fantastic, Kayleigh! Your boys sound lovely You can have a parenting gold star! (Hope that doesn't sound snidey - it's really not meant to!)

Kayleigh Tue 01-Feb-05 19:14:09

TinyGang, LOL at "Mummy's only got two hands you know!". How many times have I said that !

Kayleigh Tue 01-Feb-05 19:16:30

HunkerMunker, not snidey at all

ThomCat Tue 01-Feb-05 19:16:33

That is SO cute, what lovely, lovely boys. Bless them

handlemecarefully Wed 02-Feb-05 09:25:12

Soooooo cute. Be very proud.

Grommit Wed 02-Feb-05 11:45:00

He is such a lovely boy - always has been!

emmatmg Wed 02-Feb-05 11:59:26

Wow......I sooooo wish my boys were like that. They seem to have a secret rule between themselves to out-do each other for being rude to me.

You have lovely boys kayleigh, don't suppose you want to swap for a few years.......say 18 or so yrs?

Kayleigh Wed 02-Feb-05 12:13:35

emmatmg, if we swapped they'd all be little angels. They always are for someone else . That's why Grommit thinks my ds1 is so lovely.

Don't get me wrong both mine can be right little sods sometimes. But it is moments like this one that make it all worthwhile.

anorak Wed 02-Feb-05 12:32:50

Aaaah...

Angeliz Wed 02-Feb-05 12:35:14

Bless!
You sound like you have lovely children Kayleigh, well done+

(Extra chocolate for ds1 tonight)

Angeliz Wed 02-Feb-05 12:35:16

Bless!
You sound like you have lovely children Kayleigh, well done+

(Extra chocolate for ds1 tonight)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now