Talk

Advanced search

nose picking

(8 Posts)
Nattie Mon 20-Jan-03 23:46:48

My 5 year old ds is a constant nose picker. Unfortunately his nose does run a lot and I'm sure that it is itchy. We have recently moved to a new area and he has started a new school. He is finding it difficult to make friends and this can't be helping. He did used to wipe his nose on his sleeves as well and used to come home with great trails up his arms but, fortunately, because he is so proud of his new uniform and he wants to keep it clean, putting a tissue in his pocket every day has cured him of this.

Any ideas?

snickers Wed 22-Jan-03 10:55:47

Well, ghastly though it is, there is an argument I read somewhere once that says eating bogeys helps build resistence to colds!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeow!

But you didn't mention that!

I was a terrible nose picker (ahem!) and I found I ignored my mum, but I would be mortified if any of my friends laughed at me for doing it! I think all children pick their noses (??) and possibly it's just easier to let them get on with it (controvertial thought?) but mention that it's better they do it in private than in public? Most men still do (mostly in their cars where they think they can't be seen!!) he he!

hmb Wed 22-Jan-03 11:09:24

As I child I was always told not to pick my nose or my head would cave in

What is the difference between snot and sprouts?

Kids will eat snot.

Sorry very bad taste!

droopydrawers Wed 22-Jan-03 21:12:21

I think I read today that the only thing harder for a child to learn than blowing its nose is tying shoe laces. Apparently most children don't get the hang of blowing their nose till they are at least 5. It is something to do with poor co-ordination. Just thought it was interesting and explained why they do it. Agree that peer pressure is most likely to put them off doing it publicly, unless of course they all get in to competitions....

droopydrawers Wed 22-Jan-03 21:14:15

I think I read today that the only thing harder for a child to learn than blowing its nose is tying shoe laces. Apparently most children don't get the hang of blowing their nose till they are at least 5. It is something to do with poor co-ordination. Just thought it was interesting and explained why they do it. Agree that peer pressure is most likely to put them off doing it publicly, unless of course they all get in to competitions....

droopydrawers Wed 22-Jan-03 21:14:46

oops

Lambchops Wed 22-Jan-03 21:20:34

Advice for children.......
Never kiss your mummy when your nose is runny
You may think it's funny but it's snot!

Sorry! couldn't resist.

Nattie Fri 24-Jan-03 23:49:59

I shouldn't worry too much then?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: