Talk

Advanced search

'mummy, my hearts stopped bumping'

(11 Posts)
misdee Sat 29-Jan-05 21:54:24

dd1 keeps saying this to me. i dont now if its because she picked up something about dh being ill, or if its soemthing kids say. what do i do?

SPARKLER1 Sat 29-Jan-05 21:55:45

If she was my kid I would get a check up for her just to put your mind at rest. You never know.

Amanda3266 Sat 29-Jan-05 21:57:53

Hi,

I'd agree with Sparkler. It's worth it just to put your mind at rest.

Mandy

clare1980 Sat 29-Jan-05 22:05:25

everytime my dd eats anything she tells us her tanks are full and soon she will need a pooh and she also says all her food turns in to blood to feed her body she is only 4 and really makes people laugh. maybe your dd picked it up off tv or something

misdee Sat 29-Jan-05 22:07:16

maybe, but as dh has heart problems, i think it may be soemthing to do with that. she is due to be fulkly screened for heart problems at some point anyway.

SPARKLER1 Sat 29-Jan-05 22:08:34

You are obviously concerned as posting on here. Go take her for a quick check up - docs/nurse won't mind. Better to be safe than sorry. x

clare1980 Sat 29-Jan-05 22:09:16

maybe she wants to be the same as daddy

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 22:14:39

misdee, I would check it out too. It may just be what she's picked up about DH but it sounds like an irregularity - my heart bumps too sometimes, I know exactly what she means, but in a child I would want to know why anyway, let alone with your DH's medical background. Hope it's nothing

misdee Sat 29-Jan-05 22:19:47

cheers. i honestly didnt know if the gp would think i was paranoid. she can clearly see dh heart pumping as its such a large heart one side of his chest moves. and she has also seen the machine monitoring his heartbeat etc.

marthamoo Sat 29-Jan-05 22:42:27

Misdee, I think it's probably that she's picked up on everything that's going on with your dh, but take her to the GP anyway and get her checked out. That way you can say to her that her heart is fine, and just because daddy's heart is poorly doesn't mean hers is too. Then you will put your mind at rest and hers too. Take care xx

mummygow Sat 29-Jan-05 22:50:26

misdee my nephew is seven and my sister became very concerened a few months ago as he started saying strange things like mum this eye is bigger than the other, is my neck straight and i feel as though my heart is going to burst. She became very worried and was going to make an appointment at her gp but it stopped as suddenly as it started but like everyone says go to your gp for peace of mind

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: