Talk

Advanced search

ds from cot to bed - how to stop the stress!

(5 Posts)
emily05 Thu 27-Jan-05 20:26:46

Ds is 2 and he now has a toddler bed. We have started putting him in it as he begun climbing out of his cot.

It is a nightmare though. He wont stay in his bed. He has gone from a great sleeper to a horror in a couple of nights!

How do I get him to stay in his bed so I am not up and down the stairs all night!?

Any help appreciated

nailpolish Thu 27-Jan-05 20:29:04

a bed guard? get the longest one you can find

if you just left him would he get into bed on his own and go to sleep do you think?

morningpaper Thu 27-Jan-05 20:30:29

Buy bedding he really likes? Fill the bed with 2,000 soft toys?

dd puts the duvet round her like a 'nest'.

We have a bed guard too.

Hot water bottle? (comfy AND fun)

nailpolish Thu 27-Jan-05 20:31:26

good idea about the bedding - we got dd a nemo set and she loves it to death

KBear Thu 27-Jan-05 20:32:22

while you're getting him used to it try putting his bedtime back by half an hour of so. He will be more tired hopefully and will be more likely to stay in his bed. Lots of stories and then tell him stories with the light out whilst sitting next to him. Then a firm "night night" and "see you in the morning" and then cross your fingers and toes! He did have a bed guard up too and for many months didn't actually realise he could get out of bed!!

Worked for my boy (who was just two at the time) and he loves going to bed. I stick with the same routine every night except I don't need to sit with him in the dark until he's really sleepy now, I just read the usual stories and the "night night" bit and leave the room.

good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now