Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby Fimbo Joins the "Walking" Club!!!

(11 Posts)
Fimbo Wed 26-Jan-05 18:28:24

You may remember my post when my HV worried me shortly before my ds's first birthday because (a) he wasn't walking yet and (b)he cruised around on tip toe which she said we had to keep an eye on incase he had something wrong with his tendons. Well guess who started walking for the first time today perfectly flat footed albeit like a drunk man at the moment!! Feeling very chuffed and very proud of my lovely young man who is now 13.5 months old!!

FineFigureFio Wed 26-Jan-05 18:31:40

well done little fimbo

Marina Wed 26-Jan-05 18:32:43

That's pretty good going - dd is still doing the sozzled munchkin routine at 18 months. Well done little Fimbo!

cupcakes Wed 26-Jan-05 18:38:16

Same age as my ds was. Dd didn't start till 15 months or so.
Well done baby Fimbo!

Socci Wed 26-Jan-05 19:12:57

Message withdrawn

Fimbo Wed 26-Jan-05 20:20:17

Thank you everyone. Socci, I couldn't really understand why the HV said what she did as imo children walk when they are ready, with a broad spectrum between 9-18months. But I suppose its their job to point these things out "in case" there is an unidentified problem. My dd did the same thing, so I kind of thought there was nothing to worry about but she had sowed the seed of doubt in my mind. I am just so happy today I want to tell the whole world!!

Aimsmum Wed 26-Jan-05 20:37:01

Message withdrawn

fee77 Wed 26-Jan-05 20:53:36

Well done!
Can you come round and teach my DD baby fimbo?
I am avoiding the hv now as DD is 15 mths and quite happy to crawl, and i so don't need a lecture. We have developed to climbing, standing on head and very very brieflyletting go of the furniture.

nailpolish Wed 26-Jan-05 20:55:32

fimbo thats brilliant

i love watching toddlers it so funny! x

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 26-Jan-05 20:56:53

Well done baby Fimbo. There's no stopping you now

fee77 Tue 22-Feb-05 21:59:25

Resurrectting this thread as DD has started walking!!!! The very same day that i took her to the clinic to get weighed and got collared by the HV - who was actually very nice about her not walking!!
Any way, just had to tell someone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now