Talk

Advanced search

teenage attitude at 3 yrs old

(5 Posts)
TiredBunny Tue 25-Jan-05 23:01:24

My darling 3 year old daughter has started sulking, tutting, and being incredibly sarcastic.... what do i do? The unfortunate thing is that it is quite amusing because she isnt aware of what she is doing but it is driving me nuts.

Ellbell Wed 26-Jan-05 01:12:32

Me too TiredBunny! My dd2 (3 in March) has SOOOOOO much 'attitude'. If I tell dd1 (4.5) off, she gets really upset, says sorry, cries, tells me she loves me, etc. But dd2 just laughs in my face. Thankfully, she's not REALLY naughty - just the usual 2-y-o stuff - so her lack of response isn't too problematic. But I keep asking myself, if this is what she's like at 3, what will she be like at 13!

Last night, because I dared to put her back in her own bed when she decided it was time to get up at 5.30 a.m. (dd1 was whinging that she was tired and couldn't I get dd2 to shut up!), she marched into my bedroom... STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! ... yelled 'You BONGLE!' and then marched out, slamming the door after her. I was half asleep, but I just had to laugh. She was so annoyed with me... and today I had to try to tell her with a straight face that 'it's not nice to call someone a Bongle'!!!!!

No advice at all TiredBunny. If you find a way of dealing with it, let me know!

TiredBunny Wed 26-Jan-05 21:31:20

Never heard the the term 'Bongle'.... my daughter calls me a skallywag!! Told her off today for refusing to go to the loo before we went out and she said 'you sit on the bottom step Mummy cos i am not very happy with YOU.'LOL

Blu Wed 26-Jan-05 21:36:33

I think it was MotherInferior who coined a name for this - The Threenager!

Ellbell Wed 26-Jan-05 22:24:47

I think dd coined the term 'bongle' all by herself. However, it's quite nice and expressive - I may take to using it myself!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: