Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teething - first one not a lower incisor?

(8 Posts)
snowmoon Wed 19-Jan-05 16:10:08

My DS is 5 months and 3 wks old and has been a bit more grizzly than usual the last couple of days. He has really red cheeks and is dribbling a lot. I can see a bit of white on his gum, but it's around the lower canine area, rather than the lower incisor. Just wondering if any of you has experience with your little one's first tooth not being a lower incisor?

Lonelymum Wed 19-Jan-05 16:14:45

No, but one of mine, having got the first two incisors through as usual, then went on to have the other teeth in a peculiar order. The dentist wasn't too concerned, although I think it was my ds2 and he is now having problems fitting all his adult teeth in and will clearly need some orthodontic (sp?) treatment later on.

jane313 Wed 19-Jan-05 18:20:26

Yes my sons first two were the ones either side of the front top tow so he looked like a vampire. Then he got the top two then the bottom 2. No idea the order after that as putting my fingers in his mouth now is more scary than a lions now. I took him for his first trip to the dentist who looked in his mouth for all of a nanosecond and confirmed he did indeed have teeth!

WigWamBam Wed 19-Jan-05 18:27:50

My dd's first two were the top incisors, although she had looked for weeks as if her canines were coming first.

Hulababy Wed 19-Jan-05 18:53:51

DD didn't get any teeth until she was 13 months, but when they did come through they all came through in the wrong order.

1st - top right middle
2nd - bottom left middle
3rd - top left middle
4th - top one again

Don't worry about the order. The books are only a guide to the usual pattern, but all babies are different.

cloudy Wed 19-Jan-05 18:57:00

May I piggyback a question... how long did it take for the top teeth to come thru after the bottom teeth? It was 3 months with DD and DS, is that a good rule of thumb?

jane313 Wed 19-Jan-05 19:28:24

I think my sons were a bit closer together than that

PicadillyCircus Wed 19-Jan-05 19:40:06

Think it was about 4 months for DS to get his third and fourth teeth (he's only got 6 at the moment; you'd think I'd remember when he got them all )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now