Talk

Advanced search

Jo Jingles.

(7 Posts)
MistressMary Tue 18-Jan-05 18:31:51

Any good?

Thinking of enroling DS to a local group.

scaltygirl Tue 18-Jan-05 19:02:59

Message withdrawn

MistressMary Tue 18-Jan-05 19:31:22

Thanks a lot my boy is 14 months old BTW.
Will give it a go and see what he thinks.... and me.

Saker Tue 18-Jan-05 19:33:06

We have also done Jo Jingles and ds1 liked it - he was about 3.5 or 4y at the time. At this stage it wasn't just singing and dancing around but learning a little bit of music theory like crotchets, semi-quavers etc, instruments of the orchestra etc. If your child is younger I would recommend Music with Mummy if there is one in your area. The groups are generally smaller and the music tends to be themed half-termly e.g. colours, pets etc. They use some well-known songs and some specifically written for music with mummy. I liked the music better than Jo Jingles and we still sing some of the songs now. Here's a link: Music with mummy .

Must just tell you this. Jo Jingles always starts with the same song which ends "Jo Jingles, it's a musical treat!". On the way home, I was singing this (as you do) and ds1 suddenly looked very serious and said "It's not really a treat though is it mummy?, not a treat". I think he did enjoy it really though

yoyo Wed 19-Jan-05 12:59:52

I take DS (2) to one and have done since he was about 10 months. It's okay but very repetitive. DS does't want to join in much now and prefers to charge around which is frowned upon. Think this will be his last term although he is always happy to go and when we drive past shouts out "Morning to you" which is the opening song we have.

Been to a few others with my older children and there are better ones around if you can try them out. The lady who takes our class is lovely though.

MistressMary Tue 01-Feb-05 12:42:30

Well we went for the first time this am, And I have enrolled my DS for next term. He enjoyed it and I met up with some mums i met in antenatal too.
There was a bit of crawling/ running off going on, but nothing to cause a stir from the others or the teacher.

Good.

trefusis Tue 01-Feb-05 13:02:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now