Talk

Advanced search

teeth, which ones usually appear after first two bottom ones??

(14 Posts)
alibo Tue 18-Jan-05 13:30:31

ds is nearly 12 mths old, and still only has 2 bottom teeth!! he has been teething since september, and last few weeks it has really disturbed his sleep. now things have calmed down a bit, but is producing tonnes of saliva, and still no sign of anything. which teeth normally appear after those first two?, and has anyone else's ds or dd taken this long?

HunkerMunker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:32:53

DS got the bottom front two, then the top front two, then the ones either side of the top ones. He's 9 months old now - he teethed relatively early (first ones at not quite 25 weeks), but not as early as my dad (born with teeth) and his dad (four teeth at four weeks)!!

He's getting them in pairs though - each pair has come through within a couple of days of each other, then there's been a lull before the next ones. Take blinking ages to actually appear though!

Bozza Tue 18-Jan-05 13:38:06

Think top middle two is usual but DS got the next ones along and had a gap in the middle. DD got her 2 in October (5 months) but has not got anymore. DS had all 8 front ones by this point.

suzywong Tue 18-Jan-05 13:39:56

yep that sounds about right, with the upper then lower molars next in the case of my ds2, but the outer lower incisors and then the molars for ds1

alibo Tue 18-Jan-05 16:12:05

thanks for info; he seems to be pressing his fingers all the time along his bottom gums at both sides. thought that two middle top ones came next, but suppose he could get them in a different order than usual. hopefully something will emerge soon, the poor mite has suffered for ages now

Casmie Tue 18-Jan-05 19:45:46

There was a great diagram somewhere on the most common order. Will see if I can find it...

Casmie Tue 18-Jan-05 19:46:03

here you go...

jane313 Tue 18-Jan-05 19:48:37

Mine got them in a completely different order. The first 2 were the ones either side of the top ones so he looked like a vampire. I loved the miriam stoppard book that said that they always came through in a set order

bee3 Tue 18-Jan-05 19:59:33

alibo, we have teething twins! My ds is 11 months, 1 at the beginning of Feb. He just has 2 bottom middle teeth (they came through about a month ago) and is constantly dribbling and pressing/rubbing fingers along bottom gums at the sides. No sign of any up top. I suppose we just have to keep waiting and seeing. Lack of teeth doesn't seem to stop him wolfing down everything and anything he can get his chubby little mits on though . Just wish he didn't seem so aggitated by it at times.

ghosty Tue 18-Jan-05 20:28:58

My DS (5) was vampire baby too.... he looked a bit odd for a month or so! He had 2 teeth at 7 months and then 6 teeth by 12 months and then didn't get any more till he was 19 months .... then all hell broke loose as he got 10 teeth in 2 months ....
DD is also 1 at the beginning of Feb (birthday twins aren't they Bee?? 3rd??) and she only has 2 teeth at the bottom aswell (those came at 9 months), and no sign of any more coming ....

bee3 Tue 18-Jan-05 20:40:23

Ghosty and dd

jabberwocky Tue 18-Jan-05 20:42:12

Ds didn't get bottom front two until around 7 months then 2 or 3 months later all four front ones on top came in at exactly the same time. He actually took it pretty well.

piffle Tue 18-Jan-05 20:51:27

god how time flies I've forgotten, and dd is only 2
dh informs me is was bottom 2 at 4-4.5 mths
two next to it either side at 5-6 mths
two tops ones 2 wks apart at 7 mths and he stopped counting after that
THANK GOD!!!!

leelee39 Thu 20-Jan-05 15:16:14

Ds didn't get his first tooth until 11 1/2 months - and basically within 2 weeks, the top two and bottom two all broke through. The bottom came a little before the top, though. It really does vary. Don't despair. Now, at 21 months, he has nearly all his teeth. My mother claims I didn't get a single tooth until 12 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now