Talk

Advanced search

Gymnastics for toddlers - where?

(5 Posts)
Uwila Mon 17-Jan-05 12:36:18

I want to get my dd involved in gymnastics as soon as I can. She will be 2 in March, so I realise it may be a bit early. But, I think some places do take 2 year olds. Does anyone know of a place anywhere in Richmond/Kingston/Sunbury area?

cupcakes Mon 17-Jan-05 12:47:39

Have you tried tumbletots ?
My dd (almost 2) really enjoys it and it might be a good starting point before going to a more technical class.

chocfreeclary Mon 17-Jan-05 13:01:35

Or your local council? We have been going to a fab class run by the city council in a sports centre for four years (crikey!) since DS1 was 18mo. DD and DS2 were there watching as babies. enrolled DS2 at 9mo as he was already walking and he LOVES it.
You stay with yr child in the up to 3 yrs class, from 3-5 yrs they are in a group of 16 with 2 teachers and you leave them!

BeachedWhale Mon 17-Jan-05 13:41:47

Try www.heathrowgymnastics.org.uk (no good at links,sorry) They do classes for little ones I think and progress right up to teenagers classes. Even if you don't sign up for proper classes you can go at certain times for playgym sessions when you can use loads of soft play stuff, gym equipment, trampolines etc. We take our DS's and they love it. You can try it out while having a good nose around. It is right next to the airport so not too far from you.

Uwila Mon 17-Jan-05 15:12:41

Heathrow Gymnastics looks perfect. Thanks. Except, my nanny has to take her and she doesn't have a care. So, travel from Sunbury requires two buses. I try not to ask her to take more than one bus or train to get somewhere.

Does anyone know of another place? If not, I may have to ask them to go to this one. I might even consider sharing my car and I could take the train to work one day a week. But, still, I don't know if she even wants to drive. So, if I could find a place they could get to with only one train or bus ride, that would be ideal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now