Talk

Advanced search

Changed behaviour

(5 Posts)
apsmum Mon 17-Jan-05 12:21:09

Hi all,

My 3yr old ds was a very well behaved boy till a fortnight ago. Of late, though, he has started throwing tantrums, being stubborn and at times rude. I have observed all of these in one of his nursey playmates, with who he has started playing only recently. I have told ds not to behave like X does...but is a 3yr old too young to get the point? Should I talk to the carers at the nursery? Dont want to look'pushy', though. Just genuinely worried.

singsong Tue 18-Jan-05 11:14:14

You could always talk to the nursery to ask if they’ve noticed any change in his behaviour recently. Has there been any change in his routine recently which may have upset him?

LIZS Tue 18-Jan-05 11:30:22

I don't think he's old enough to learn from negative comparisons. Perhaps his friend gets attention by behaving that way so he copies. Can you speak to the nursery to say what you are finding and ask how they deal with it so at least you are consistent in your definition of what is not acceptable and the consequences.

apsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 13:45:57

Thanks LISZ and singsang. Spoke to the nursery and they said they had noticed the dshas been rather weepy and not himself lately and that there are a couple of other children who also are similarly affected. The Nursery's stand is that our children have to learn to stand up for themselves.

My ds who used to enjoy nursery earlier gets a bit nervous these days in the mornings.

Hope things improve

chorizo Fri 21-Jan-05 16:37:41

Sorry to butt in like this - hello my name is chorizo and I am new - but I would slightly suspect a nursery that says that children should learn to stick up for themselves. They can't, unless they are taught to do so. The nursery should have a behaviour policy and should give you more support. I'd ask them to monitor the situation.

Good luck
chorizo.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now