Talk

Advanced search

Turning down the volume!!

(13 Posts)
rickman Sat 15-Jan-05 19:52:52

Message withdrawn

TinyGang Sat 15-Jan-05 20:01:37

I shout....BE QUIET ! At the top of my voice...which kind of defeats the whole 'be quiet' idea! Also, no-one takes a blind bit of notice!

Shouting, squealing and screaming - just look forward to the large glass of wine/gin/both/whatever when they eventually (oh, happy day) go to bed. That usuually numbs the pain, but yes, I'd love a magic solution!

zaphod Sat 15-Jan-05 20:08:15

I don't know. Wait 'til they grow up, I'm afraid. You wouldn't believe the volume in our house with 5 of them. If anyone has a solution to the problem, I will pay them good money for it.

rickman Sat 15-Jan-05 20:33:00

Message withdrawn

albosmum Sat 15-Jan-05 20:34:50

I don't know how old yours are but with my 3/4 year old I used to tell him he had a volume control on his back which I would turn down - he then would be quieter - I even did it remotely!

rickman Sat 15-Jan-05 20:39:32

Message withdrawn

starlover Sun 16-Jan-05 10:50:54

put them in the garden

Twiglett Sun 16-Jan-05 10:52:13

you whisper at them

laryngitis helps

its bizarre but the quieter you are .. the quieter they are

Freckle Sun 16-Jan-05 11:46:15

I agree about being quieter yourself. Wish I could follow my own advice, but it does work. Eye contact helps and then speaking at a much lower volume than they are.

geogteach Sun 16-Jan-05 12:20:09

I want one of the ones with a volume control too! DS1 is partially deaf and I find it very hard to tell if he shouts cos of that or because he's 3. Its the totally random noise that does my head in which he seems to make for the sake of making a noise.

suzywong Sun 16-Jan-05 12:26:00

I agree with try and get through it until you get your wine reward when they are in bed

I took ds1 to a new playgroup which was largely people by demure, quiet, delicate little children. One of the mothers called out rather peevishly to him to use his outside voice outside not inside, with an aside to me of "or I'll get a migraine" I didn't bother taking him back, he shouts when he's having fun and I don't want to dull that emotion for him

Beetroot Sun 16-Jan-05 12:28:00

Message withdrawn

daisy1999 Sun 16-Jan-05 13:14:54

I agree that the way to deal is to talk so quietly that they have to pipe down to hear. However I still shout at them because they get me soo MAD!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now