Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

i am so proud!!! dd took 1st independant steps tonight!!!

(9 Posts)
lilsmum Wed 12-Jan-05 21:02:39

dd 11.5 mth took her 1st steps alone tonight, im dead shocked!!!really chuffed tho really unexpected as she hasnt been standing without holding on to something at all, and all of a sudden she can balance walk and clap hands at the same time lol xx

SoupDragon Wed 12-Jan-05 21:04:14

Wahey!

Surfermum Wed 12-Jan-05 21:06:43

Aaaah! Lovely!! I can remember dd's first steps, took me completely by surprise as she did them all of a sudden. It put an end to our game of singing "If you're happy and you know it ..". It used to make us laugh as she didn't know whether or not to let go of whatever she was clinging to so she could clap. Bad mummy.

Dior Wed 12-Jan-05 21:07:44

Message withdrawn

emmaTooMuchGrub Wed 12-Jan-05 21:14:15

fantastic

Our DS3 di that too. Went from standing while holding something to walking unaided in an afternoon, although alot older than your Dd lilsmum

lilsmum Wed 12-Jan-05 21:30:46

i really thought it would be ages till she walked, because she wouldnt stand unaided, arent babies so clever!!

i must admit i am a little sad too, because she not a little baby anymore!!but very proud lol

Piffle Wed 12-Jan-05 21:39:44

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!Gorgeous news!!!
My dd started walking too about 3wks ago but only little steps, she is now 26 mths, she first standed unaided over a year ago.. very cautious child! She started walking properly ie between rooms and more on Sunday
Now she is into EVERYTHING! Already! Ds walked at 9 mths so this has been a bit different!
Prepare yourself Lils, it'll never be the same again!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 12-Jan-05 21:43:30

lilsmum, now I know that our children are in sync'. DT2 took his first unaided steps on Friday. He takes 5 steps and then falls down bump! How lovely for you. Don't they just look too small to do it. DT1 can't be ar**d. She looks at DT2 and laughs at him. She's just started to try to stand unaided though so I'm expecting her steps in a couple of weeks. Amazing how they can clap at the same time as though to be sure that we know how clever they are. Well done to your DD

lilsmum Thu 13-Jan-05 00:08:15

thanks eveyone for your nice msgs, marslady how weird is that??? lol are you sure you didnt have triplets and i ended up with one of them lol, cant believe they seem to have and do everything at the same time!!!im sure dt1 will be copying her brother very soon bit of competition and all that!!!well done to dt2 though xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now