Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bath time, and ds hates it

(14 Posts)
jofeb04 Tue 11-Jan-05 12:57:39

Hiya all,
My ds (10 months) used to love having the bath. However, for the past few weeks, he hates it, starts to cry once his feet is in the water. Whats the best thing to do?

nailpolish Tue 11-Jan-05 12:58:12

get in with him!

Cardigan Tue 11-Jan-05 13:12:55

agree with np! or just wash quickly

Fimbo Tue 11-Jan-05 13:15:03

You could try one of those seat things, my ds loved his as they usually have little beads etc on the front for them to play with.

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 11-Jan-05 13:15:32

Get some bath toys if you have'nt already got some or find a toy he already has that is suitable to go in water just to distract him. Do you have a bath seat for him?

jofeb04 Tue 11-Jan-05 14:43:02

we've been in the bath with him, and have tried the seat and toys all to no avail!!

MazArnold Tue 11-Jan-05 15:00:11

Sorry to hear about your predicament Jofeb04. Wish I could offer advice but I'm a new mum so short on ideas.

I'm lucky though - my dd, although only 4 weeks old, really seems to like her baths but obviously she can't support herself and I can't hold her in for as long as I'd like to. Was thinking about a bath seat and was looking at a couple in Mothercare.

As we are on the subject, can anybody provide any views on a good bath seat which is suitable for a newborn?

Kelly1978 Tue 11-Jan-05 15:07:34

My dd went through an aversion to baths at a similar age. I actually gave up trying cos she screamed so much. I washed her in a baby bath again for a few weeks, then once she seemed to have forgotten a bit I got her back in the big bath with me at first, then on her own. A break might help break the cycle of screaming.

I had one of the bath seat things but never used it with ds as the post in between his legs looked potentially painful!

somebody Wed 12-Jan-05 07:04:17

Message withdrawn

somebody Wed 12-Jan-05 07:06:12

Message withdrawn

MrsBigD Wed 12-Jan-05 07:53:42

jofeb04

I'd second the 'get in with her' it will distract her

dd was the same... turned from water rat to water hater to waterat to hater... the pattern we discovered that she didnt like to have a bath in winter! go figure.. however now she's 3 and always wants a bath

handlemecarefully Wed 12-Jan-05 08:41:47

Don't bath her for a while. It's not like they get really dirty and need a bath like us adults.

It's a phase which will pass. My dd went through the same thing (was slightly older at the time) - after 2/3 months she got over it.

Do you take her swimming? That may help...

jofeb04 Wed 12-Jan-05 12:03:30

We've tried bein in the bath with him, toys etc, even tried the seat (but he always slipped on that). He loves swimming which makes all this about the bath even more confusing lol.
Thx for all ur advice, might try him in his baby bath again, see how he goes in that

somebody Wed 12-Jan-05 12:43:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now