Talk

Advanced search

Crawling

(3 Posts)
Gecko Mon 10-Jan-05 16:20:26

My daughter is 15 months with absolutely no intention of walking or crawling, she is comfortable sitting or standing aided whilst playing with her toys but throws a fit when she feels she has to reach for something. A lazy baby perhaps ? Is there something I can do get her out of her comfort zone? I feel she will walk rather than crawl. I have been told that crawling is absolutely essential in a childs development.

starlover Mon 10-Jan-05 16:52:57

i wouldn't say that crawling is essential in development at all!
many babies never crawl at all. She will soon learn to get the things she can't reach, even if she just bottom-shuffles to get to them.
I wouldn't worry at all... if she is standing holding onto furniture and things it will probably not be long before she starts moving around, and from there she will start walking!
If you're really worried though talk to your gp or health visitor

MrsBigD Mon 10-Jan-05 16:55:40

Gecko... crawling is NOT essential... she'll be up and about soon enough and then you'll wish she'd still be a stationary baby!

DD bum shuffled in a back lying position at the age of 4 months! but ... then nothing for ages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now