Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So proud of my boy this afternoon

(7 Posts)
tortoiseshell Tue 04-Jan-05 15:37:34

Just wanted to share how proud I am of ds this afternoon. He is 3 and a half, and this afternoon, has painted a number of paintings that look like what they're supposed to (blue sky at top, grass at bottom etc, people with 2 arms, and 2 legs etc), ridden his bike very competently up the street and then read 8 pages of Peter and Jane. SO PROUD! (I know this is an unashamed brag, but I don't often do it and I feel very chuffed with him today!).

Gobbledigook Tue 04-Jan-05 15:39:24

Wow, I don't know any 3.5 yr olds that draw sky at the top, grass at the bottom or people with 2 arms and 2 legs. I'm pretty sure that's not what the average 3.5 yr old does!

Kayleigh Tue 04-Jan-05 15:39:44

awww that's lovely tortoiseshell. You should be proud. Bless

hunkermunker Tue 04-Jan-05 15:39:47

Hurrah tortoiseshell! What a wonderful boy! Heck, be proud, brag away!

Boohoobaby Tue 04-Jan-05 15:50:53

Wow, that's something to be proud of.
Am interested to know - did he 'read' the words of the 8 pages or did he do it from memory of having heard the story?
Not doubitng you, just asking, as my DS is 3yrs and 4mths and has just got to grips with his alphabet . He 'reads'pages from memory.

Twiglett Tue 04-Jan-05 15:59:12

Thats fantastic

My almost 4 year old (well in 7 weeks) will not draw anything but scribbles .. round and round .. which he calls machines

but he can build amazing cities out of lego and can write his name

tortoiseshell Tue 04-Jan-05 16:22:55

boohoobaby - he's reading the actual words. it's all fairly basic stuff (here is Peter, here is Jane. Come in the water Peter, it is fun.) - but they were new pages so he hadn't seen them before. Thanks for all your cheers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now