Talk

Advanced search

Milk in a cup

(5 Posts)
charlie01 Tue 28-Dec-04 10:29:27

Just wondering when we should swap from a bottle to a cup for milk?

DS is nearly 12 months and drinks water out of a cup quite happily all day. He has 2 bottles a day, morning and bedtime. Thought about changing the milk to a cup but not sure if it is too soon and if this is the right time, how to do it. Whenever I have offered milk in a cup in the past he has looked at me in disgust and refused to drink any of it.

hoxtonturkey Tue 28-Dec-04 10:36:38

i wouldn't stress about it, 2 bottles a day sounds very reasonable. lots of children have bottles 'til they're quite old, & if he's happy i would be too.

NewbarnsleygirlWalliams Tue 28-Dec-04 10:51:50

I spoke to my hv a couple of months ago with the same concern. She said that having the bottles are fine so long as they drink from mainly cup or beaker in the day. I enjoy dd still having her bottle as it's the only time I get a cuddle with her!

LIZS Tue 28-Dec-04 11:08:02

I switched the teat for a spout at around a year (a freeflowing one) so it still looked like a bottle.

bunnyrabbit Tue 28-Dec-04 12:19:10

DS only had bed time bottle by 12months and I switched this to a cup just after his birthday.

I still get cuddles as he sits on my lap for most of it.

BR

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now