Talk

Advanced search

Best friends - do they have or don't they?

(5 Posts)
lisalisa Tue 21-Dec-04 16:29:59

Message withdrawn

MoHoHo2 Tue 21-Dec-04 16:37:05

DS1 (just turned 5) has a 'best friend' He is 6 days younger, lives 200 metres away, and both he & DS1 have been together at nursery since they were 6 months old. They just started school together and sit on the same table.
However I can't help feeling this is part due to circumstances rather than choice (although they DO get on well). We see the parents a lot too, and our DS2's ( aged 2) also play well together.

Since starting school he has also developed a much stronger friendship with another little boy we knew previously, but didn't see that often.

My observation is that children do seem to do a bit of intuitive 'self - sorting' - getting together with other kids who seem most like them in terms of background & abilities? DS1 has lots of other 'friends' he talks about though, and they all seem to fall in & out of favour.

lisalisa Thu 23-Dec-04 11:29:12

Message withdrawn

SantaFio2 Thu 23-Dec-04 11:31:38

no neither of mine have best friends

KristmasBear Thu 23-Dec-04 11:40:22

My DD is in year 1 and she has probably six best friends. They are girls she invites to tea and plays with at playtime - I like that arrangement better than one best friend who can drop you like a ton of bricks and then you have none!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now