Talk

Advanced search

shoe sizes??

(13 Posts)
lilsmum Mon 20-Dec-04 15:56:40

dd 10.5 mth i thought had always been about a size 2 or 3, but i took her to clarks the other day to get some shoes and to have her feet measured and she is a 4G, is size 4 big for her age do you think?i was quite shocked at the time, i know its not a life or death question but i am just intrigued!!!

Gomez Mon 20-Dec-04 16:04:11

No not really I don't think. DD1 was a 5 at 12 months for her first shoes and DD2 6 months was measured for wee pram boots at an 18/19 which is I think about a 2/3.

lilsmum Mon 20-Dec-04 16:07:53

thankgod for that i was thinking i had brought a real life bigfoot into the world !!!!

fee77 Mon 20-Dec-04 17:02:25

My problem is the otherway - DD (14mths) is a 2 1/2. I wanted to get her some cruising shoes as she is not yet walking and they only start at 3. What size do normal shoes start? Have i got to worry about tiny feet as well as unwilling to walk?

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 20-Dec-04 17:05:10

Hi lilsmum, I used to be a mgr for clarks before I had dd and believe me I have seen alot bigger and smaller feet for the same age. They should have told you that the measurment is only a guide though because I dare bet if you went to another clarks the size will be different. This happened to me last month. DD was measured 3 and a half F in one store and a 4G in another! Don't worry!

EbenyZebraScrooge Mon 20-Dec-04 17:06:41

there are some old threads about getting shoes small enough, Fee77; my kids are the same. I just let them go barefoot or used pre-walkers outside in winter, but Davros says that's very bad (you can't win). Supposedly Clarks will make up very small shoe sizes custom... have you tried phoning around? John Lewis, maybe?

DD didn't go into size 5 until she was well over 2 yo!

fee77 Mon 20-Dec-04 17:19:31

Thanks ebeny. I am not bothered at the moment - DD has some trainers from Adams that she potters around in or grippy socks. I am just relieved to hear that i will be able to get some when she decides to walk!

DingleAlltheWay Mon 20-Dec-04 18:23:39

DS had a little pair of boots for his 1st birthday, size 6. DD was wearing them on her 2nd birthday. (dd does have Downs Syndrome and is meant to be much shorter!) She is off the height chart for Downs, and above average on the "ordinary" growth charts,just has diddy little feet as opposed to my ds.

coppertop Mon 20-Dec-04 18:33:51

Ds1's first shoes were a size 5 and they only fit him for a couple of weeks. He's always been tall for his age but as dh is well over 6ft tall it's not surprising. Ds2 is 22 months old and has only just gone up to a size 6.

jane313 Mon 20-Dec-04 19:06:03

No. My sons first shoes at 10 and half months were 4 and a half. Hes now a 6 at 18 months. Most of his friends are a similar size.

SecondhandRose Mon 20-Dec-04 19:52:18

I have a six year old DD with little tiny size 10 feet, others in her class are all bigger. On the other hand DS age 9 is wearing size 5 and swaps with my Mum!

titchy Tue 21-Dec-04 12:42:18

I have a 5 year old dd in size 9 and a 4 yo ds in size 7. I'm a 4 and dh is 8. We're obviously just not meant to have large feet in our family!

bluemoon Tue 21-Dec-04 13:45:27

My dd's first shoes were a 4 when she was 13 months or so. She's now 26 months and is just now a size 6 though there's lots of room to spare so I think her feet have grown relatively slowly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now