Talk

Advanced search

Fiddling!!

(6 Posts)
Nutjob Tue 12-Nov-02 11:08:38

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with my dd (2yrs and 9 months) at the moment. When I undress her for a bath or to change her clothes etc, as soon as her knickers come of she puts her hands on (and in) her vagina and botty. I don't want to make too big and issue out of this as I don't want her to get a complex about her body, but obviously it is not very hygenic and I want to get her out of the habit. Has anyone else had experience of this and if so, what did you do?!! Thanks

ScummyMummy Tue 12-Nov-02 11:31:27

I think I'd just leave her to it, Nutjob. As long as her hands are fairly clean and she bathes/ washes/has her bum wiped properly on a regular basis, I wouldn't worry too much about the hygeine aspect. I'd just start very gradually to teach her the social/hygiene rules over the next few years- eg: we usually play with that part of our body in private; we wipe our bums from front to back so that we don't get sore etc. She'll be fine, honest!

Batters Tue 12-Nov-02 11:37:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Skara Tue 12-Nov-02 20:53:58

Nutjob, my dd is exactly the same age and is doing just the same thing. In fact she's calmed it down a lot over the last few weeks compared to what she was. I suspect it's yet another stage they go through

emsiewill Tue 12-Nov-02 21:06:24

I have had a similar thing with my dd (now 5.10, but started around 3), and I have just told her that it's something she should do in private.

Nutjob Wed 13-Nov-02 10:56:25

Thanks for all your messages. Yes, I am sure you are all right, it is just a phase, but sometimes she really tugs at it, it's a wonder she doesn't hurt herself. As you say, as she gets older I will just have to explain to her that it is something to do in private.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: