Talk

Advanced search

Foaming at the mouth - has ds got rabies or is he just bonkers?

(8 Posts)
Willow2 Fri 18-Oct-02 15:20:13

Ds is currently going through highly excitable phase - basically goes bonkers at drop of a hat. Have noticed that he often "foams at the mouth" (well, lots of bubbles anyway) during these highly enjoyable episodes - is this remotely normal?

SoupDragon Fri 18-Oct-02 15:22:30

I presume he's not been eating or drinking anything excessively high in e-numbers and detergent?

I don't think it's that uncommon anyway. My 2 do it (but without the foaming).

Willow2 Fri 18-Oct-02 16:52:59

don't think so (learnt the hard way that smarties are not a good idea for anyone under the age of 82) but next time he does it I'll look back at what he's had - maybe I should keep a food diary for a bit, although that seems like a total pain in the proverbial.

SoupDragon Fri 18-Oct-02 16:55:17

Those peelable cheese strings used to make one of DS1s friend bounce off the walls.

jodee Fri 18-Oct-02 16:57:02

My ds does something similar, I think he just likes the feel of bubbly saliva around his mouth (yuk!) and then really enjoys spitting it out on the floor/furniture.

sobernow Fri 18-Oct-02 19:02:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bron Fri 18-Oct-02 22:23:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Willow2 Sat 19-Oct-02 00:40:53

thank you once again for putting my worries to rest with your sensible suggestions. Roll on October 30th - we're in the money....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: