Tummy Time

(3 Posts)
Ajahd Thu 21-Jan-21 16:25:49

I've not done as much tummy time as I should with my 4 month old as he has reflux and has always hated it. I've found a way to keep him happy during tummy time and he does about 5 minutes every wake period at the moment.

My question is, when placing him on the ground, should I just be putting him down with his arms beside him, to encourage him to bring them forward, or put him down and prop him up on his arms.

If I prop him up, he's quite content if I keep him entertained but if I don't prop him up he doesn't know how to bring his own arms forward to do so himself.

I'm worried that if I constantly do it for him, he won't learn how bring them forward, and when he does start rolling from back to front, he won't be able to get back over if he rolls in the middle of the night.

Hope that makes sense. I've spent ages looking online but can't find anything similar!

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 21-Jan-21 21:41:35

I'd put his arms in front of that's what he likes. I think you're doing incredibly well to do 5 minutes during every awake time!

My DS absolutely hated tummy time and barely ever did it.

He seems quite ok now as a teen. Has managed to learn all sorts of things smile

EgSk Fri 22-Jan-21 14:34:13

I bring my 10 week olds arms forward for the exact reason you said , otherwise he just lays there. I did with my first born too .

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in