11 year old girl horrendous mood

(2 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 27-Nov-20 20:54:04

Has she started her periods yet? My DDs behaviour really ramped up in the few months leading to them starting.

My best advice would be to join the Preteens Section on MN, you won't feel nearly as alone with it then.

I'd also read Untangled after my DSIL recommended it. It's very good smile

Juniland Fri 27-Nov-20 19:59:38

Hello all,

We are tearing our hair out with our 11 year old daughter . Her mood is horrendous, she is rude to us and her older sister, nothing seems to please her. She's very cynical for her age , hadn't been very happy for a couple of years . Awful to see. She is a lucky girl , has everything she wants in terms of love and material needs , popular at school, very bright, but nothing seems to please her.

We limit her screen time, she's a worrier, not a great sleeper, eats like a horse, honestly, much more than I do. She came home from school the other day and had 4 slices of toast and a toasted tea cake, then are a full meal two hours later. She is skinny as a rake.

She's very good at sport, very switched on for her age, very in tune with other people and does very well at school.

At home she is an absolute nightmare and we don't really know where to go from here .

Most punishments revolve around taking screens away for a couple of days. Then she reverts back to same.

I remember my other daughter going through a bad patch at the same age, but nothing like this . She has serious meltdowns, tantrums even, similar to a toddler !! Hormones maybe , or something else ??! Help needed please .

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in