Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bad Mother's Club....

(30 Posts)
sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 12:08:43

There seem to be a lot of us around lately. I say we band together and start our own thread.

So we can beat ourselves up over what a poor job we're doing raising our mini monsters....

My kids are back in their rooms again today....

I'm wondering if it's worth ever letting them out!

LoRayningNewtsAndFrogs Sun 14-Oct-07 12:10:57

LOL, no, never, they must never be let out. Ever.

Tbh, I think anyone that says they don't sometimes feel like a bad parent is in fact a bloody liar!

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 12:12:46

THEY'RE OUT!

Run for the hills....

LoRayningNewtsAndFrogs Sun 14-Oct-07 12:13:48

<hides>

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 12:16:21

My problem is tolerance threshold is nil at the moment. I'm on zero tolerance. I ran into the corner shop to get papers this morning after taking ds1 to basketball and come out (2 seconds later) to find them both SCREAMING THEIR HEADS OFF and kicking the life out of each other! shock

How old did I say they were? 5 on thursday and 9 next month!

themildmanneredaxemurderer Sun 14-Oct-07 12:18:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 12:21:01

but do they hate each other? Cause I'm convinced that mine do... sad

themildmanneredaxemurderer Sun 14-Oct-07 12:23:15

themildmanneredaxemurderer Sun 14-Oct-07 12:25:21

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 12:29:02

well I was up early to take ds1 to basketball. DS2 runs around like a lunatic outside with his friends most of the day unless it's raining.

ds1 also practises basketball, runs around and does tae kwon do as well.

So they're exercised!

themildmanneredaxemurderer Sun 14-Oct-07 12:32:23

LilBloodRedWantsGore Sun 14-Oct-07 13:18:02

sKerryMum - we all feel like bad mothers sometimes. You are no worse than the rest of us, don't beat yourself up so much.

LoRayningNewtsAndFrogs Sun 14-Oct-07 13:35:43

sKerrymum, my dp and his brother are the closest brothers I have ever met in my life. There are almost 4 years between them and they too used to fight like hell when they were younger. You'd never believe it now, they wouldnt dream of raising a hand to each other.

If they so much as have a disagreement they are really upset and have normally called the other one within an hour or two to apologise.

Their mum says that she used to get really frustrated with them fighting and all she could do was split them up and emphasise how they shoudlnt fight because they were the only people they could really depend on to be there forever.

Kerry, I think you're on the wrong site! here is where you should be!grin

amicissima Sun 14-Oct-07 15:42:41

sKerryMum, I was recently at the house of a friend who has 4 boys, all in their twenties. They are all lovely young men, one is married, yet all evening they kept kicking, needling, prodding at each other. It must just be a boy thing.

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 23:27:31

LOL chipmonkey! Figured someone beat me to it!

Still suprised no one's joined me at the MN BMC though, considering how many posters have been having problems with their kiddos lately....

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 23:29:02

Thanks for the stories about adult brothers who love each other!

I wonder if my two will make it to adulthood or kill each other first! sad

We had a nice night though. We cuddled up on couch and watched tv and all fell asleep.

themildmanneredaxemurderer Sun 14-Oct-07 23:29:44

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 23:36:14

Oh HUGS axey!

I SO know the feeling....

Kerry, you do know that there's another poster from Ireland called skerriesmum? She used to live in skerries Co Dublin but has now moved to the US!

themildmanneredaxemurderer Sun 14-Oct-07 23:43:47

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 23:44:13

This is sounding very familiar....

does she still post on here?

I think I "met" her on rollercoaster but wait, maybe it was Peanut Allergy.com.

I know I've come across her somewhere but don't think it was MN.

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 23:45:21

Feeling SO much better. I really was at rock bottom yesterday. But I actually felt all warm and cuddly with them again tonight. So I'm smile again.

themildmanneredaxemurderer Sun 14-Oct-07 23:49:04

sKerryMum Sun 14-Oct-07 23:55:41

That's what I felt like yesterday. I was so seriously depressed. I honestly didn't think I could stick them another day....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now