Fighting the bottle

(3 Posts)
SusanneGalbava Thu 08-Oct-20 20:26:55

Hi, please help!!

My son will be 6 weeks on Sunday. For past two days he literally fights his bottle.
He screams in it, choking on the milk, moving his hands forcefully around and it's one big aaarrrgh when feeding...

We are checking the temperature as is the same as usual, we gave him teat with better flow, we have tried several different types of teats (shape, size, flow), we have tried several feeding positions, we are burping him more frequently, and nothing works for him..

He is exclusively bottle fed since third week, and there was no problem ever before..

When we pull bottle out of his mouth, he screams in horror!!

Have anyone had the same problem??

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Thu 08-Oct-20 22:12:51

Teething maybe? It can actually start that young. Other than feeding have you noticed any other issues - sleep changes etc?

Eggcellent29 Thu 08-Oct-20 22:29:06

Oh God we had this. It was just awful. I’d be in tears before the feed even started because I knew how awful it was going to be!

Turns out our lo has reflux - does your lo take a sip, arch he back and then cry?

Even with medication my son will only eat when sleeping. He’s 7 months now and will NOT eat when awake even if he’s hungry!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in