Worrying silly about sons behaviours

(5 Posts)
CBaskin826 Tue 11-Aug-20 09:11:52

Hi, my son has recently turned 4.
Around 1.5 months ago, I began to notice him making involuntary sounds. These include humming and whistling, he also has began with involuntary face scrunching and his tongue is constantly in and out of his mouth. He also seems to be reverting back to not using language to ask for things, rather pointing and making a whining sort of noise. I've also realised he is taking huge big loud breaths.

Any ideas? All appreciated. Thanks so much.

OP’s posts: |
CBaskin826 Tue 11-Aug-20 13:53:31

Anybody?

Lostinagoodbook Tue 11-Aug-20 21:50:19

First thought would be is he imitating a younger child/ friend? Maybe from nursery.... does he do the things all the time? Having issues with my 4 year old too- it's hard to work out when to worry isn't it!!

CBaskin826 Tue 11-Aug-20 22:17:25

@Lostinagoodbook I can't think of anybody he could be imitating, he hasn't been at nursery since march and this only began in June.
Im totally with you, being a parent is ridiculously full of worries! Sorry your having a hard time too!!

candle18 Thu 13-Aug-20 00:29:02

Sounds like tics. My boys have had them and it is very difficult but the best thing to do is try to ignore them. They’re quite common and they often grow out of them but can come and go for a number of years.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in