Wind advice

(3 Posts)
Sporter653 Thu 30-Jul-20 14:59:45

Hi, my 6 week old has bad wind and seems to really struggle about half an hour after each feed despite being winded. We tried gripe water a couple of times but she kept spitting it out and we're currently trying infacol but nothing really works and she spends a lot of time crying, straining, going red and scrunching her legs up to her tummy. I don't know what else to try but she is breast fed and I'm worried it's my fault and I'm not latching her correctly and therefore maybe letting air in when she feeds causing the wind. Could this be the cause? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
aimzxd Sun 02-Aug-20 06:35:14

How much are you winding her? BF babies need winded too, some a lot more than others. My son took longer to wind than feed at that age, a good 40mins after a BF anyway. Try different positions, walking her round upright against your shoulder, tiger in the tree, light pats, rub up the back not down. For lower wind bicicle legs, then push legs towards chest and keep repeating. All very gently of course. When she's a bit older tummy massage works good too.

Newmummy6196 Sun 02-Aug-20 21:35:06

@aimzxd thank you so much. Should we not do tummy massage yet then? I have been doing it for maybe 10 minutes but it definitely sounds like I should be doing it longer. It can be hard in the middle of the night but I guess it will be worth it in the long run 😂. I will also look up the tiger in the tree position. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in