Talk

Advanced search

Toddler bedtime - losing my mind!

(5 Posts)
kellybean18 Thu 16-Jul-20 19:59:17

My 2 year old has become really unsettled and takes a good 30-45minutes to fall asleep of an evening. We have tried everything - moving bedtime back, warm milk, lotion etc. She has always had story time and a bath before bed anyway. I really don’t know what more we can do.

She has always been a very good sleeper, would self settle and be quiet within 5 minutes of us leaving the room - this is very much a recent issue. Does anyone have any products/ideas/anything I can try to help?

OP’s posts: |
LeGrandBleu Thu 16-Jul-20 20:35:51

What time does she go to bed? Have you tried putting her to bed 30 min later? Avoid also screens two hours before bedtime.

kellybean18 Thu 16-Jul-20 21:53:12

@LeGrandBleu yes that’s exactly what we did, moved everything back half an hour. Hasn’t made a huge amount of difference in terms of the time it takes for her to settle. She doesn’t watch huge amounts of Tv, we have dinner and milk/story time for a good hour or so before her bath and then bed.

LeGrandBleu Thu 16-Jul-20 22:07:41

At what time do you put her to bed? Does she have a nap or two during the day still?

kellybean18 Fri 17-Jul-20 07:18:17

@LeGrandBleu 7/7.30... she does still nap yes. We do try cutting this short where possible but has little effect, or she will just fall asleep

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in