Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

protruding tongue - it's just teething, right?

(5 Posts)
TheOldestCat Thu 27-Sep-07 17:23:25

10-month-old DD has been teething like crazy over the past few days, but has suddenly started poking her tongue right out (it is very long!). She's doing it pretty constantly, but doesn't seem in discomfort (apart from usual grumpiness because of sore gums from time to time).

Anyone else had this?

I think I'm worried because it started so suddenly - I left her playing in the front room early this afternoon to pop to the loo and when I got back she was doing it. I was worried she had something in her mouth, but couldn't find anything.

Is this just teething, do you think? I'm sure I'm being a paranoid first time mum here. ...

levan Thu 27-Sep-07 19:54:20

Shouldn't worry -my dd did this at a similar age and it lasted for a couple of months, but then she grew out of it!

pinkspottywellies Thu 27-Sep-07 19:55:29

DD did a lot of odd tongue poking and jaw sticking out things when teething (from about 6 months). Also now she is 10 months she has taken to sticking her tongue out like she has something in her mouth. I wouldn't worry smile

TheOldestCat Thu 27-Sep-07 19:57:45

Thanks levan! It really helps to hear that.

TheOldestCat Thu 27-Sep-07 19:59:14

Cheers pinkspottywellies (great name, by the way).

Teething really sucks, doesn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now