Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even go to loo!!!!!!!!!!1

(4 Posts)
emmywoo Thu 27-Sep-07 09:49:24

Hi, I have a 10 1/2 month old little girl who for the last 8 weeks will scream and scream if I go to leave the room or even turn my back on her until I pick her up. Once I pick her up she is fine, but when I go to put her back down the sreaming starts. I have heard of separation anxiety but even to go to the loo or make a cuppa is impossible. Is anyone experiencing this or have any solutions, please help as I am at my wits end.

Seona1973 Thu 27-Sep-07 09:55:32

my almost 1 year old is like this just now. It is a normal phase but is a bit wearing. I dont think there are any solutions as they do grow out of it (eventually!). I do have to leave ds crying and hanging onto my leg sometimes as it is more dangerous to be holding him when carrying something hot/sharp, etc. He does come to the toilet with me too but I do have to watch him so he doesnt start putting things down the toilet and/or trying to diddle in it!!

Marne Thu 27-Sep-07 09:58:58

Leeve her to screem grin, screeming wont hurt her (may hurt your ears).

It may seem harsh but she will get used to you leeving and knows you are comming back, dd1 was like this, i started just leeving the room for 1 minute and increase it each time, give her praise and a hug when you get back.

law3 Thu 27-Sep-07 10:04:22

emily - She will be walking soon and she will just follow you to the loo wink i have a 3 year old and a dog both trying to get in the loo with me!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: