Talk

Advanced search

My 2yo is afraid of children

(3 Posts)
Ali657 Fri 03-Jul-20 14:57:09

My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old. She is very well behaved and pretty easy going when it’s just the two of us but when she is around other children she freaks out and it’s impossible to reason with her. If a child gets close to her she will scream and hit and kick. If we have a child round to play she will start screaming and crying as soon as the child talks or touches anything.

She is a bit better if we are out the house at the park or something but we still have problems if they get too close.

I have quite a lot of mum friends and she has been around children her whole life. We see my best friend and her 3 year old son at least once a week and she is still the same with him. Just don’t know what I can do.

She is booked in to start nursery in September but I don’t know if this is going to help or make it worse! Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Fri 03-Jul-20 15:00:44

how is she with other adults? Could you have a read of the article below and see if she has any symptoms of autism listed? x
www.babycenter.com/0_early-signs-of-autism_10396941.bc

Ali657 Fri 03-Jul-20 15:11:28

She is shy with adults at first but warms up to them reasonably quickly, and she is completely fine with adults she knows well. I’ve looked through the symptoms of autism and she doesn’t seem to have any, her development is completely fine, she talks in full sentences etc. It’s literally just being around other children which is the problem sad x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in