Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Two and a half year old being difficult on purpose

(6 Posts)
TheMadHouse Tue 25-Sep-07 14:48:26

What is it at the moment. My eldest is being deliberatly naughy and it is really pissing me off.

It does not help that I am premenstrual, but spitting you water out at your younger brother. He is putting it in his mouth then pushing on his cheeks. He thinks this is hillarious. I do time out, but he is just coming back and doing it again. I have taken his drink off him.

He is also being just generally pushy at the moment. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Desiderata Tue 25-Sep-07 14:51:47

But that's how they are at two and a half. He's not being deliberately naughty, honest. He barely has a concept of naughtiness. He's just exploring his world ... however irritating that can be when we're premenstrual smile

He'll grow out of it ... eventually!

fingerwoman Tue 25-Sep-07 14:52:11

awww, I have a 2.5 yr old as well and he's just the same. Lovely isn't it? lol

TheMadHouse Tue 25-Sep-07 14:54:05

Oh he does have a concept of naughtness. He know when he being bad and even tells me. He also refuses to say sorry of he intends to do it again as "sorry means I wont do it again".

I normally am a tolernt and happy mummy, but I could strangle a carrot at the moment

juuule Tue 25-Sep-07 14:59:35

Just smile through gritted teeth, count to ten and wait for tolerant happy mummy to return. Failing that buy a pound of carrots and strangle them
Your toddler isn't being deliberately naughty (well he might be doing what he's doing deliberately) but he thinks it's funny and thinks everyone else will think the same.

BadZelda Tue 25-Sep-07 20:29:28

I'm going through 'naughty toddler' at the moment - partly because we've just had a little baby I think. DD1 is v. lovely with DD2 but quite a nightmare in a lot of other areas...I think it's attention getting - and even bad attention (in the form of shouting) is good as far as she's concerned. Trying really hard to ignore the bad and praise the good but it's V hard when each time they get under your skin it feels like you've gone back to square one. Of course reacting just makes it worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now