Talk

Advanced search

make believe: the most ridiculous/random/frightening ideas your dcs have come up with

(11 Posts)
hatwoman Sun 23-Sep-07 15:45:49

dds (7 and 5) are playing with their "littlest pet shop" (?) toys - little rabbits and stuff wearing cute hats. along with Polly Pocket and her trusty pink car they are, apparently, fleeing World War II. They are going to Scotland before the bombs/conkers start to rain down hmm

MamaGisOutOfTheCloset Mon 24-Sep-07 12:31:56

shock

My DD came home from school that her friend had had a new heart, but it was a horse's heart and that her friend's Dad had taken the old one out with a samurai sword

pyjamagirl Mon 24-Sep-07 12:34:11

a blue man in the bedroom whose eyes followed you everywhere apparentley the blue man told DD that he was going to eat mummy when she was in the house alone!!!

I'm still a bit wary of that room now 3 years on

meowmix Mon 24-Sep-07 12:40:25

DS has created the Bing Bong Witch (someone rang the doorbell one night when he was asleep and woke him up). Over time she has acquired a posse of like-minded individuals namely the Mouse Tail, Dr Cupboard and my personal favourite, the Chumpyone.

To counteract he took a cuddly toy cow, a garden statue of a penguin (anniversary gift from DH... don't ask) and a ceramic hedgehog and created his own Guard outside his bedroom door (Guard Cow, Guard Penguin and Chief Guard Hedgehog). Between them they guard against the attack of the Bing Bong Witch and her posse, who apparently fly in from Shabby Arabia where they live specifically to scare him.

I have been known to say goodnight to the Guard of an evening. When DS isn't there. They're quite reassuring.

Lorayn Mon 24-Sep-07 12:47:58

pyjamagirl, when I lived with my foster mother, my youngest two foster sisters (6 and 4) used to tell us that a blue man would talk to them, I have been upstairs on numerous occasions to find one or other of them talking then asked who to, and they would tell me the blue man, that went when i would go upstairs.
I also am sure I saw things in that house.

Scootergrrrl Mon 24-Sep-07 12:49:02

DD once woke up screaming from a nightmare because "a naughty rabbit is sticking a carrot in my ear"...

Lorayn Mon 24-Sep-07 12:49:40

meowmix I am LOLing extremely hard, not just at your name but your story, how old is DS??

Cappuccino Mon 24-Sep-07 12:51:11

dd1 (6) plays dying with her friends quite a lot

gets really insulted when they refuse to die

meowmix Mon 24-Sep-07 12:58:24

DS is 3, heading towards 4. Thats compressed the story he built up over a few weeks into a short form, he's not that funny. Especially not at 2am when he makes me "patrol" with Guard Penguin. blush

we also have a toilet called Mildred and no idea why. I tend to blame his father.

tid Tue 25-Sep-07 18:53:16

DD (3.5) often sees things in her sleep - must be inherited as I'm also known for it. Some of her recent best are:

* a blue doggy by a waterfall who barks very loudly

* a set of cymbals that peek out from under her bed

* her "other Daddy" (no idea) who only has one arm.

I panicked when she told her real (and only, by the way) Daddy about the last one - I'm sure deep down he thinks I'm having an affair with a one-armed man.

havalina Wed 26-Sep-07 12:23:22

My dd (4) told me when she was 3 that when she grew up she was going to kill everyone hmm bit random and freaky there. Perhaps I'm raising a little hitler lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now