Talk

Advanced search

Remind my ailing memory - how long from rocking on hands and knees to actual crawling again?

(10 Posts)
Piffle Sat 22-Sep-07 18:48:46

Ds1 was 13 yrs ago so cobwebs there

dd never crawled

ds2 (exactly 6 mths)rocking on hands and knees, seems to look very keen
how long have I got before I need to clear up all the lego and baby proof?

Piffle Sat 22-Sep-07 20:51:59

bump surely someones kids must have crawled once?
LOL

3andnomore Sat 22-Sep-07 20:59:52

tbh..it really depends on the child...just because your child is rocking, doesn't mean they gonna crawl...might still be a bottom shoveler....also, usually Kids that crawl, even if they already are rocking in hands and knees, tend to be already on the go, by army crawl or just rolling around./....so...I would say, put important things away already, and otherwise just wait and see...not all kids are touchers...

octoandflash Sat 22-Sep-07 21:02:43

Not long wink - just needs one bit of the brain to think 'ooh i'll just move that hand forward ...' and the baby police send the childproofing squad out grin

ds3 now 5 months and am making sure he
a) can't roll
b) doesn't lie on his tummy
c) doesn't see other babies doing a or b grin

Oh how things have chanaged from the first one! Third child syndrome wink

ib Sat 22-Sep-07 21:16:40

I think ds took a couple of weeks. I can't remember exactly and it's been all of two months. blush

Piffle Sun 23-Sep-07 20:58:34

holy shit so varies between never and tomorrow
oh he is a toucher make no bones... this is the child who pulled himself out of his highchair (pre weaning there for the view) and snaffled his 5 yr olds sisters rice krispies after all...

dd did crawl but she has SN and commando crawled late, but due to low musc tone...
ds1 very early crawler but so long ago cannot remember order...

ds2 currently propelling hands and kneed up self by legs and bashing nose...
I have to wait and see oh damn

I fear daily hoovering may be neat shock

lulumama Sun 23-Sep-07 20:59:48

don;t be so ridicolous piffle, he is not 6 months, he has only just been born shock

that has gone quick !

neither of mine rocked, just crawled, at 11 months

so i can;t really help!

morocco Sun 23-Sep-07 21:01:34

hiya piffle
dd is exactly the same right now, still no progress fromt he rocking for the last 2 weeks, so don't panic yet. but the day is surely nigh.
lol octoandflash, snap in this household. trying very much to keep even the idea out of her mind

BroccoliSpears Sun 23-Sep-07 21:04:04

If I remember correctly, it was about a gazillion squillion years between dd rocking promisingly on hands and knees, and actually going anywhere.

"She'll be on the move any day now"

massivebigpantsface Sun 23-Sep-07 21:05:32

dd rocked at 7m and crawled about 2 weeks later. No stopping her now - the arnica cream is permanently to hand as she is standing and moving round furniture, falling, climbing and not 8m yet grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: