Talk

Advanced search

My 2yo doesn't play with toys

(6 Posts)
Hill1991 Wed 27-May-20 13:25:17

My 2yo doesn't play with his toys very much when on occasion that he does it's not for very long he much prefers his foam mats or his cones. He also doesn't say many words only a few like dada, count(for countdown tv show). I'm not sure if I should be worried.

Doesn't always respond when you shout his name sometimes you have to tap him on the shoulder to get his attention and even that's hit or miss.

Any advice would be appreciated

OP’s posts: |
sauvignonblancplz Wed 27-May-20 15:19:46

Have you spoken to your Hv? He should be getting his assessment soon, it could be a hearing issue.
I maybe would expect him to play with a range of things, blocks, puzzles etc . It’s unusual for a toddler to have their fav toy. What’s the rest of his behaviour like?

Hill1991 Wed 27-May-20 16:28:50

Not heard anything from HV about his 2year assessment he's not seen her since he was 8months old for the year assessment done early will definitely try and get a hold off her

He's generally a good boy a few tantrum but that's it, he's also got an obsession with tags on clothing he loves them.

He does like to draw but that will only last a few minutes until he's done with that.

He also can't sit still he's always running around, on the go from the minute he wakes up.

AladdinMum Thu 28-May-20 00:12:56

It does sound a little unusual but could be nothing so worth checking in his two year review - they could be delayed due to the current situation. As he seems to be speech delayed how is his use of gestures to communicate with you in order to meet his needs and share interests? the obvious one being pointing to request and to share interests.

Hill1991 Thu 28-May-20 08:23:57

He can point to things that's he wants.

He quite social like he will wave at the neighbours and have a little conversation with them in his baby talk loves people just prefers to run around than play with anything, he doesn't like anyone with him when he's playing with his foam mats tho has a fit if you get down to play or help him

AladdinMum Thu 28-May-20 16:21:37

I certainly worth mentioning all of this in his two year checkup, specially if he is not pointing to share interests which could be concerning at his age.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in